Phantom Of The Opera Cake Ideas??

Decorating By sweetsixteen90 Updated 30 Sep 2006 , 5:20am by fmandds

sweetsixteen90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsixteen90 Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 10:36pm
post #1 of 13

Hey! For my Sweet 16th birthday Im having a Phantom of the Opera party! (Masqurade Ball) And I am needing some ideas for the cake! If you have any, please let me know!! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks!

12 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 13

The phantoms mask with a rose across it.

MSurina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MSurina Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 13

Ditto with the mask! Say 'Phantom' and you automatically think 'mask'.

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 10:55pm
post #4 of 13

Ok Here's my 2 cents worth. Make a two tier cake - probably 10" with a 6" stacked on top lining up at the back of the cake (more room at front). Now frost with white buttercream or fondant. Next lay a red rose ( either gumpaste or real) on top of the 10". Then have the white mask as the topper. Finally use black fondant to make the cape draping down the back of the cake.

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 13

I definately think of the mask and rose when I think Phantom..... But I also think of the chandalier.... it was spectacular the way it swung out over the audience! (BTW, I saw it with Michael Crawford and fell asleep during the dang play.... glad the finally made the movie!!)

dtmc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dtmc Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 13

Do you have the Wilton Yearbook for 2006? If so, there is a picture of a Halloween cake with stairs, stain glass window, vampire, witch, mummy etc.......

I thought maybe you can use the concept of the stairs and the windows and the miniute candleabras...make a fondant phantom with a mask and a rose at the bottom of the stairs. If you are really ambitious, you could even put the phantom in front of a fondant mirror but have the mirror have a fondant drape on it. I know this sounds really out there and difficult but I can totally picture in my mind. I know it is something else on a cake. All that might be very time consuming, but VERY COOL!

Just an idea!

dtmc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dtmc Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 11:03pm
post #7 of 13

Oh yeah and the CHANDLIER!!!!!!!!

HeatherBecker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherBecker Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 11:08pm
post #8 of 13

My first thought was the mask with a single long stem rose. The chandilier would be really cool! But if you want to use the mask for a decoration instead of a cake, there is the monkey music box. Sheet music would also look really neat on a cake.

sweetsixteen90 Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 11:49pm
post #9 of 13

Thank you for your replys! They're all great ideas!!

"heatherbecker", i like what you said about the sheet music.

I am going to have the mask and rose as decorations. and i thought about using sheet music for center pieces on the tables. But i didnt think about using it on the cake!! icon_smile.gif

kstgelais4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstgelais4 Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 12:16am
post #10 of 13

The cake would be cool all black too. I like the idea of the staircase tiered cake and chandelier. This would be a fun cake to do!
Kelly

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 1:39am
post #11 of 13

I did a search in the gallery "Phantom of the opera".. There are 5 in the search.. This is the best one yet!!
LL

sweetsixteen90 Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 5:07am
post #12 of 13

WoW! I love that cake!!

I just dont know where im gonna get one like it! lol.
im not that talented to make one. but i love the ideas!!

thanks so much guys!!! Your alot of help!! icon_smile.gif

fmandds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmandds Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 5:20am
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Quote:

(BTW, I saw it with Michael Crawford and fell asleep during the dang play.... glad the finally made the movie!!)

I fell asleep also! I didn't think much of it, then saw the movie this past Christmas Eve and fell in love. In my avatar Gerard Butler(Phantom) is the man on the left.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%