Pregnant Or Very Early Pms?

Lounge By emf7701 Updated 13 Aug 2007 , 6:45am by Hollyanna70

emf7701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emf7701 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 43

hello fellow ccer's! anyone out there that has dealt with the whole "am i pregnant or is my body playin' tricks on me"? icon_confused.gif i normally get some of these symptoms before af comes, but they don't show up until 3 or 4 days before af. af not due to arrive until 8-8.

i am 7 dpo.
so here's my symptom list:

bloated. ugh.
sore lower back.
so sleepy *yawn*
munchy
light-headed
random headaches
cm present (usually dry from this point until af arrives)
and i just feel this weird pressure in my pelvic area.

i normally get headaches (migraines actually) and somewhat bloated before af, sometimes i feel sleepy as well.... it just seems like it's way too early for pms to be showing up...

any thoughts? comments? oh, if we are prego, this would be kid #3.... i know i felt changes way sooner with #2.... so could i feel changes even sooner with #3?

thanks everyone!

42 replies
mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 43

well my DH and I have been trying for about 3 1/2 months so far (and with my son we got preggo first try)....so every month I have been getting those symptoms and thinking ok I am preggo...and then nope AF comes.....I am starting to think its all in my head! I am not even going to buy a test until after I am late by at least a few days!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 43

Hmm I dont know! Some people swear they notice changes right away. I never really noticed really early except that with the first one I noticed that "implantation bleeding" where there was a tiny bit of blood. But the only reason I noticed this is becasue I was looking for it (we were trying). but anyway I guess you will find out soon enough!! Good luck!

littleredtonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littleredtonya Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 1:20am
post #4 of 43

I'm not for sure either. I had my tubes tied and even had an endometrial ablation. Well started feeling like I was pregnant. Bloated, irritable, swelling of hands and feet, and discharge (yuck) sorry, and my boobs were really sore, and started leaking. I was scared to death because I wasn't able to carry a baby after have the lining of my uterus removed. Doctor said he would have to do a DNC. But thankfully I wasn't for my healths sake.

So I say wait a couple more days then test or call your doctor. Either way hope every thing turns out OK.

Tonya

emf7701 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 3:37pm
post #5 of 43

ok... feelin' a little woozy today. and one breast has been kinda tingly... i cracked at walmart last night and bought a prego test, but i can't take it until at least monday. i hate the waiting!!!!! if i'm not prego, then this is some wicked pms! icon_cry.gificon_mad.gificon_confused.gif

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 3:10pm
post #6 of 43

Well...you know your body. I have the same symptoms for PMS as I do for early stages of pregnancy. With my last baby I thought AF was on her way, and I was at WalMart with the kids. I walked past the pregnancy test and got this "feeling" that I needed to buy a test. I picked one up and told myself this is stupid...AF is on her way. But I bought it and tried...even though I wasn't even late yet...and sure enough...Baby #3. I always just get these feelings...something will come over me and I just know. Can't wait to see what you find out....Jodie

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 12:24pm
post #7 of 43

We're trying for a baby too and every month I think I can 'feel something' get sore breasts etc. then nothing... I think my head is trying too hard! If you want to be pregnant then I really hope you are, it's monday today so I guess you'l be taking the test? Fingers crossed!

emf7701 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 1:00pm
post #8 of 43

it's technically still too early to test. af isn't due til thursday. i know they have tests out there that can detect the prego hormone early.... i actually did test on saturday thinking maybe it would be able to detect something, but it was negative...so now i am patiently waiting to see if af comes thursday..... if not i'll test friday morning.... i hate the wait!!!!! icon_cry.gif

as for wanting to be pregnant.... dh and i are content with two, however we believe that if God has other plans for us, so be it. so....at the end of the week, we'll see if He plans on adding to our family.

mkerton & emma~sprinkling baby dust your way!

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 1:23pm
post #9 of 43
Quote:
Quote:

We're trying for a baby too and every month I think I can 'feel something' get sore breasts etc. then nothing... I think my head is trying too hard! If you want to be pregnant then I really hope you are, it's monday today so I guess you'l be taking the test? Fingers crossed!

Sometimes I think we want it to happen so badly we put too much pressure on ourselves (sometimes without even knowing/realizing it). With my oldest son it took us over a year to get pregnant. Every month I would think this has to be it, it's finally going to happen and then be depressed when I wasn't pregnant. I finally came to the realization that maybe it wasn't meant to be and that whatever was going to happen would happen. Once I kind of let go and handed it to God, believing there was a good chance I would not have kids, I became pregnant. With my daughter (baby 2), we weren't really trying to have another as our son was only 5 months old, although we weren't NOT trying either, and I got pregnant with her. She was followed by a miscarraige (my 2nd as I had one years before baby 1) and then after that when my body healed and we were ready to try again I put the same pressure on myself as I did with baby 1. After 7 months of trying, I had to tell myself AGAIN that what's meant to be is meant to be. Once I let myself realize that a baby would be great, but if not we already have two beautiful children and were already so blessed...you guessed it! Within a month baby 3 was on his way.

I have a girlfriend who tried for seven years before becoming pregnant and having a baby boy. I know seven years is a long struggle, but she says once you have that baby the seven years of struggle fades away.

Jodie

emmascakes Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 2:59pm
post #10 of 43

Thanks for the baby dust! We are already assuming we will have problems anyway as an unrelated procedure found out I have blocked fallopian tubes and they told us then there was a 'small' chance of conceiving naturally, so we'll give it a year and then seek help. I don't beleive in a god or any kind of fate - if it doesn't happen we'll try our best to help it along and then I'll foster if it still doesn't.

What is AF? I'm guessing it's your period? Can't work out what the initial are...

emf7701 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 4:48pm
post #11 of 43

emmascakes~

af is "Aunt Flo".... what we American's so "affectionately" refer to as our monthly period.

and not to turn this post into a religious debate.... if you don't believe in God or any type of "fate" then where do you believe people go when they die? what do you believe is the point of life? why do we exist? please don't feel obligated to answer, but if you would like to share your thoughts with me, you can pm me.

~erica

mkerton Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 5:10pm
post #12 of 43

I agree thanks for the baby dust............I am so fortunate to have a wonderful son... I cant complain because I haven't conceived on my timetable.....I have a girlfriend who has lost 2 babies one in the 5th month of pregnancy and one in the 7th month........so after going to two baby funerals the past 2 years I am that much more grateful for the child that I have (and was able to conceive/carry easily)....if he is our only child, then we are still a very blessed family.

emf7701 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 5:24pm
post #13 of 43

wow, mkerton, my heart grieves for your friend. that's so heartbreaking! i can't even imagine losing a baby at that stage of pregnancy. i have a few friends that have also miscarried. they all miscarried though right after finding out they were pregnant. not that that makes it any easier, but i would think it would be even harder to have felt the baby kicking and then miscarry. Praise God that He immediately scoops up those little ones into heaven with him!

calley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calley Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 1:36am
post #14 of 43

I was 4 weeks pregnant with my oldest (now almost 3) when I found out. My best friend came over one day and looked at me and said "You're pregnant!" and sure enough the next day I found out I was. With my youngest (almost 8 months), I was 4 weeks along too when I found out. My heart goes out to those who have miscarried. My boys are my world and I can't imagine how badly it must hurt to lose a baby.

emf7701 Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 3:37am
post #15 of 43

well, tomorrow (wednesday) is 14 dpo..... so if af doesn't come, then i will TRY to be patient and see if she shows on thursday.. if not, then i am testing friday morning! as of right now, i haven't had any of my usual pms stuff happening..... so we'll see!

emmascakes Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 10:16am
post #16 of 43

Does everyone in the US call their period 'Aunt Flo'? It is creasing me up!!

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 10:30am
post #17 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmascakes

Not everyone, no.. hehe

emf7701, I can hardly wait to see what your results will be. It's like a mini soap opera here. .haha

Well, cross your fingers for me and my husband. We've been trying since February with no luck. I told him I'd give it a year, if nothing then, we would seek help. If nothing then I quit, because I'm getting too darned old to have a kid. Not that I couldn't.. It's just, well, I have a 13 year old, and I really don't want to be 60 when my second one graduates high school. Of course, I have been hearing 60 is the new 40.. haha

Well, I was just hoping to have traveling time, and me time, and grandbaby time after my kids got out of school, etc.

Anyway, I wish everyone here that's trying the best of luck.. and please pray if my husband and I do get pregnant, it isn't more than three. I say three because he wants triplets, which I think I can handle, maybe.. but any more than that and I might have to start giving them away. icon_wink.gif

Honestly, I would be ok with twins or just one. He just says he wants more, and since I refuse to have any more after this, he thinks we should just have them all at once. Silly man!

Take care everyone..

**sprinkles more baby dust around before leaving**

calley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calley Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 12:36pm
post #18 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmascakes

When I was in high school my friends and I called it "George." One guy I was dating thought I was breaking up with him because I told him George was in town!

mitsel8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mitsel8 Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 1:17pm
post #19 of 43

emmascakes-
I've never heard of "aunt flo" either.

emf7701 Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 1:21pm
post #20 of 43

ok... so maybe everyone in MY neck o' the woods calls it "aunt flo" icon_lol.gif guess i assumed "we" all did! silly me.... i love the "george" idea! that cracks me up! icon_lol.gif still no af........ or, er, "frank"..... ha!

emf7701 Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 1:38pm
post #21 of 43

hollyanna70~

i completely understand about not wanting to be 60 when the offspring are in high school! i've already told hubby that my cut off age for getting pregnant is 32.... and then i think i backed it up to 31... well that birthday is at the end of the month! i already feel old though with my kids (ages 4 &2).... by the time my mom was my age, i was in 5th grade! she married at 18 and had me at 20. i hadn't even met dan until i was 20! we didn't start dating until i was 21! we married at 24 after we graduated college. things are so different nowadays!

may the Lord bless you for wanting multiples! wowzer! don't think i could handle more than one at a time! baby dust sprinkled your way!

i think i'll probably crack and test tomorrow morning.... if i'm prego friday, then i'm prego a day early, right?!?!?!

at least that's my logic. icon_lol.gif

~erica

mkerton Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 1:41pm
post #22 of 43

if today is when you were supposed to start then I think a pregnancy test would be accurate even today....

emf7701 Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 1:46pm
post #23 of 43

very true....... but don't i need that first morning tinkle? i know with my first, i tested in the evening and in 20 seconds i had a positive.... but i was also over a week late. if i do decide to test today, i'll wait until hubby gets home. i like to test and then make him read the results.... i get too nervous!

mkerton Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 1:50pm
post #24 of 43

according to the instructions on the package you dont have to do it first thing in the morning.....with my son I was a few days late (went on a business trip thinking it would start and it didnt) so when I got home I took the test and it was positive right off the bat, didnt even have time to leave the bathroom!

emf7701 Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 2:06pm
post #25 of 43

ok ok ok.... icon_lol.gif i'll test today.... but after hubby gets home. i want to share the results with him first. icon_wink.gif ...since he's part of the reason i started this post.

mkerton Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 2:22pm
post #26 of 43

I'm not trying to push you...............you should take it or not when YOU want too......

emf7701 Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 3:39pm
post #27 of 43

i know you're not trying to push me..... i really DO want to just take it now.... but i also want hubby to share the testing experience with me icon_biggrin.gif so here i wait. *sigh*

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 8:30pm
post #28 of 43

I'm excited.. are you excited? I'm excited...

**dances around excitedly**

emf7701 Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 9:05pm
post #29 of 43

Hollyanna70 - you crack me up girl! icon_lol.gif

just took the test..... will know very soon. this is so crazy because i have no idea how i will feel either way. does that make sense?

if we are, yippee and OH MY GOODNESS!!!! we're adding another kid to our family. sometimes i feel like i can barely manage the two we already have.

if we aren't, then i think i'll be sad and kinda "whew!" ..... our budget won't be stretched tighter than it already is..... does this make sense?

will report back soon.........

emf7701 Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 9:12pm
post #30 of 43

and the verdict is in..... hubby had my oldest come tell me "no new baby".... so it's just the four of us for now.... unless it was still too soon to test..... if af still isn't here by next week..... well, the prego tests i bought had coupons in them!!!! thanks everyone for your interest and support through this!

baby dust to all of you who are trying!!

~erica

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%