Painting On Gumpaste???

Decorating By Kahuna Updated 28 Sep 2006 , 9:37pm by Kahuna

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 4

I just made my first gumpaste figures (mice) and after they are dry I want to paint some of the body parts brown. What do I use for this? My "Essential Guide" failed to go into detail. can I use watered down icing coloring or is there a specific thing I need to get? Thanks for any help!!

Sue

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 4

if you have americolor you can just use them right out of the bottle, they're great for painting....if you have wilton you can dilute them with a little clear vanilla extract, or vodka.

jastaus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jastaus Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 8:42pm
post #3 of 4

I think its always best to use luster dust or pedel dust or any kind of dust! you can use it dry but I like to mix it with a little vodaka. You could use lemon juice if you want but I think the vodaka works better. It won't take much dust but it does use more then if you did it dry. You will have to keep adding tiny drops of vodaka and re-mixing but make sure you only use tiny drops so you don't have to add more powder then you need and waste that $$ stuff ! icon_smile.gif
hope this helps

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the help, it took me so long to assemble the little guys I would hate to ruin them during the painting phase! Plus, I've been looking for an excuse to buy some vodka! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%