Bounty Basic Paper Towels.

Decorating By susanscakebabies Updated 6 Aug 2007 , 2:05pm by susanscakebabies

susanscakebabies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakebabies Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 8

Anyone try these, They make a great texture in the icing. I would have never thought of using it but I am traveling and that is what my mom had at her house. Everyone was amazed and wondering how I did it. So I saidn it took a while but I made all those little marks. icon_lol.gif Just thought I would put it out there as something new to try. I think it is new at least. I may be behind the times. icon_redface.gif

7 replies
kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 8

I have on sheet cakes..........I agree, they make a great texture in the icing.........

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 8

Yep, you are behind the times but don't worry, I'm always behind myself as my neices and nephews are quick to point out to me icon_cry.gificon_lol.gif . They're always telling me that I need to get with the program icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I use different pattern designs on my cakes. To me, they smooth better plus give a great background design icon_wink.gif

Thanks so much for thinking of us thumbs_up.gif

mazaryk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mazaryk Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 8

I haven't tried Bounty Basic Paper Towels yet. Does anyone have a pic in their gallery using them?

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:40pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazaryk

I haven't tried Bounty Basic Paper Towels yet. Does anyone have a pic in their gallery using them?

You can check out my cakes in my photos. You can use any brand of towel that has a design...they work just as well as Brawny thumbs_up.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 7:30pm
post #6 of 8

To me the cheap paper towels have real cool patterns on them. On the first night of C1 I always show my students the viva paper towel and a cheap textured one.

abi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abi Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 5:58am
post #7 of 8

Great idea, I never though of it. Thanks!

susanscakebabies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakebabies Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 2:05pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

To me the cheap paper towels have real cool patterns on them. On the first night of C1 I always show my students the viva paper towel and a cheap textured one.

Good idea. I am hooked now. It looks so neat and the way people talk trying to figure out how you did it. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%