Tow Mater Side View Mirrors - Suggestions On How To Do Them

Decorating By moralna Updated 2 Aug 2007 , 7:04pm by ribbitfroggie

moralna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moralna Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 1:25pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing a Tow Mater cake for my nephews b-day and i have got most of the details for Mater except i am trying to figure out how to do the side view mirrors - that is the curved bar with the mirror attached. Can someone offer any suggestions??

3 replies
TOMAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TOMAY Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 5:59pm
post #2 of 4

I am thinking a few strands of florist wire painted silver or a rust color bend together.
cut out four small rectangles of gumpaste or fondant sandwich wire between to rectangles dry and paint red ,
then cut out some aluminium foil smaller than the rectangles with a small brush wet the backs of the foil and apply to fondant.
once dry curve the wire and apply to toemater ...

krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:11pm
post #3 of 4

Its probably not quite what you're looking for but I made mine w/creme wafer cookies. I sprayed them w/the spray food coloring to get the right color. Then I stuck them on toothpicks and put into the side of the cake. I wasn't crazy about using toothpicks as I like everything on the cake to be edible. Just a suggestion anyway

ribbitfroggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ribbitfroggie Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 4

For my Mater cake, I simply made chocolate transfer mirrors that I stuck a couple of toothpicks in before they dried to hook into the cake, and then after they dried I made the X on them. I hope that helps!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=437753

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%