Ideas For A Fall Cake

Decorating By dogluvr Updated 3 Oct 2006 , 5:07pm by MommyEdzards

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 12:57am
post #1 of 18

I'm looking for ideas for a fall cake...not really halloween looking, just fall...thanks.

17 replies
knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 1:03am
post #2 of 18

icon_surprised.gif OMG!

I have the same thing going on...how funny!

I went to the "search" box, typed in buttercream fall, and then went to the photo section...LOTS of beautiful ideas there!

I found one I'm going to make that way...

HTH,
--Knox--

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 2:41pm
post #3 of 18

I always like the chocolate icing with some pretty fondant fall leaves!

luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscakes Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 18

I just made one last week, and actually got loads of orders coming in for the exact same cake.... people really love it. It is posted in my pictures, I was a little bummed we didn't get a better pic.
Let me say it is really easy, other than the fondant fruit it takes very little time to make.
The leaves are easy as can be and amaze people.... I got the idea a few years ago from a Womans Day mag. cover!

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 6:07pm
post #5 of 18

I saw a cake I think on www.Bettycrocker.com that when the cake wsa cut it looked like candy corn. I think that's where I had seen the cake. icon_rolleyes.gif

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 6:11pm
post #6 of 18

Very pretty luvscakes! I love the chocolate leaves!

erinkalins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinkalins Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 6:17pm
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Quote:

luvscakes
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:01 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just made one last week, and actually got loads of orders coming in for the exact same cake.... people really love it. It is posted in my pictures, I was a little bummed we didn't get a better pic.
Let me say it is really easy, other than the fondant fruit it takes very little time to make.
The leaves are easy as can be and amaze people.... I got the idea a few years ago from a Womans Day mag. cover!

How do you do the leaves? The cake is beautiful!

alicia_froedge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicia_froedge Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 6:22pm
post #8 of 18

I am making a fall cake for our Oktoberfest baking contest. I got it from here and I had seen a Christmas on in a Southern Living book...... I am doing a spice cake with chocolate leaves on top. You melt chocolate and then paint it on a fake leave, after it hardens you peel off the fake leaf.

peajay66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peajay66 Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 6:30pm
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dl5crew

I saw a cake I think on www.Bettycrocker.com that when the cake wsa cut it looked like candy corn. I think that's where I had seen the cake. icon_rolleyes.gif

Wilton has a candy corn cake on it's website this month.

caryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caryl Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 6:37pm
post #10 of 18

The candy corn cake is on the Wilton site. Really cute- each slice of cake looks like a piece of candy corn.

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 6:54pm
post #11 of 18

Here are a couple of fall cakes that I had fun making. Hope this gives you some ideas.

Best Wishes!

Happy Baking!!
LL
LL

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 7:32pm
post #12 of 18

OMG! Thoes cakes are breath taking!

shipleyc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shipleyc Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 1:55pm
post #13 of 18

I do a lot of tree stump cakes with fall leaves around the base for groom's cakes. It is usually requested for a hunting theme, but could be used as fall.

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 2:41pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipleyc

I do a lot of tree stump cakes with fall leaves around the base for groom's cakes. It is usually requested for a hunting theme, but could be used as fall.

Do you have any pictures of the tree stump cakes you can submit? We would love to see them.

Thanks!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 2:51pm
post #15 of 18

Those cakes are beautiful! There is a basic idea to just use chocolate fondant with chocolate fondant leaves plastered all over it and some at the top on wilton.com....those other leave cakes are way more beautiful if you can do that!

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 2:56pm
post #16 of 18

Here is a picture of the candy corn. Just go to www.wilton.com its on the main page.
LL

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 3:03pm
post #17 of 18

There's a pictures of a thanksgiving cake in my photos. It's copper colored with leaves and pumpkins and chocolate butterflies. Take a look if you like...

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 5:07pm
post #18 of 18

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=MommyEdzards&cat=0&pos=0

Here is one i did for a bridal shower this week. You could make the roses different shades of fall like oranges, rust, red, yellows, greens, browns..... these were just the brides colors. It's hard to see in the photos but it is actually 3 different shades of red. Can't wait to see what you do!

Beautiful cakes previously posted! Way to go ladies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%