Minneapolis Cc Members

Lounge By SueB Updated 2 Aug 2007 , 10:32pm by moydear77

SueB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueB Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 1:11am
post #1 of 10

The bridge collapse...I hope all CC members that live in Minneapolis or have family members there are safe and sound. My brother and SIL live there and my family are trying to reach them by phone but haven't had any success yet. Please keep everyone in your prayers and thoughts! Thank you!

9 replies
moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 2:00am
post #2 of 10

I am safe. My Husband was called out to cover for CNN. It is pretty bad and yes keep everyone in your thoughts. I work about ten minutes from where it happened. All cell phones are jammed right now.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 2:16am
post #3 of 10

I was so happy to get that email from you MaryAnn. Now I am just hoping there will be more survivors than expected. I keep waiting to hear if the children on that school bus made it out safely, their parents must be hysterical trying to locate their babies.

SueB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueB Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 3:20am
post #4 of 10

I finally heard my brother and sil are okay. My sil actually works for the red cross so she is in the thick of it right now. Let's all continue to keep everyone in our thoughts and prayers!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 4:01am
post #5 of 10

I apologize Sue, I didn't even mention you and your loved ones. I had just received an email from MaryAnn and think I jumped right to her post before reading yours. I'm sure you are very relieved to have heard from your family members, and I know your sil is going to be there all night and probably a good part of the next few days. Really a terrible tragedy. I was telling MaryAnn the pictures on CNN remind me so much of our Cypress freeway and Bay Bridge collapses in the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake.

1gananny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1gananny Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 4:08am
post #6 of 10

My family's thoughts and prayers are with everyone touched by this horrible accident. May God keep your loved ones safe that live in that area.

moydear77 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 4:33am
post #7 of 10

Glad to hear all is well Sueb. My Husband is in the media circus as we speak. I will most likely not see him for a couple of days.

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 8:43am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyW

I was so happy to get that email from you MaryAnn. Now I am just hoping there will be more survivors than expected. I keep waiting to hear if the children on that school bus made it out safely, their parents must be hysterical trying to locate their babies.

all of the kids are safe!!!

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 4:32pm
post #9 of 10

I'm so glad those kids are safe and I hear there are many more survivors than first thought. I do feel bad for the families of those who did not survive or are missing icon_sad.gif

moydear77 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 10:32pm
post #10 of 10

They have stopped the recovery effort due to current and conditions. They think there are about 30 cars still submerged. It is no longer a rescue operation they have said. This is such a huge tragedy that has no measure. Keep kind thoughts to those still missing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%