Cleaning Decorating Bags

Decorating By Tanalyn Updated 28 Sep 2006 , 1:50pm by Parable

Tanalyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tanalyn Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 10

I am just curious how fellow CCer's clean their decorating bags. I am always washing mine by hand & began to wonder if their is an easier & cleaner way to wash them. I wash the tips & couplers in the dishwasher, but unfortunately, I use the plastic decorator bags that probably don't go in the dishwasher, although I haven't tried putting them in the dishwasher. Let me know what you guys do. icon_lol.gif

9 replies
kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 10

I put mine in the dishwasher all the time, I just clip them onto one of the "tines" on the top rack with a plastic clothes pin. Works like a charm!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 8:21pm
post #3 of 10

I slip mine inside out overtop of a plastic cup.......works like a charm......pop it in the dishwasher.

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 10

I add my bags to the washer with my towels. Always need to wash towels when decorating. I take them out before I put the towels in the dryer. Yes I said washer. I then let them air dry. I put one in the dryer once and it melted the glue. Had to throw it away. icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 8:35pm
post #5 of 10

newlywedws shared this great tip which I tried last week & wow, did it make cleaning up so much easier!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-38404-plastic.html+wrap+bags

Try it, you won't be sorry.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 5:41am
post #6 of 10

any oily residue will clean off quickly if you give it a soak in one part water to one part white vinegar then a quick wash with warm water and soap. i do like the idea of the saran wrap. you can do that and use the vinegar as a back up.

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 5:52am
post #7 of 10

I boil my tips in Dawn and water. I just use hot water and dawn and turn the bags inside out and wash. I hang them up with clothes pins to dry.

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 11:45am
post #8 of 10

I've tried the dishwasher without much success, I think, because the bags didn't stay open. The idea of putting them in inside out over a glass or plastic cup is wonderful. Gunna give it a try. The washing machine idea holds lots of promise, too. Again, thank you very much. Cleaning the bags is one of the uglier sides of cake decorating (the cleaning up part).

sue65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sue65 Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 12:01pm
post #9 of 10

I do like Chris J since 2 years !

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 1:50pm
post #10 of 10

ChrisJ,

So cool, so cool. Can't wait to try Newlywedws technique. Thanks for sharing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%