Dreamwhip Bc Frosting

Baking By lilscakes Updated 9 Jul 2005 , 9:46pm by lilscakes

lilscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilscakes Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 2:12am
post #1 of 6

I am responding to a request from a comment by chrisrich on one of my photos. Sorry ...didn't have your email to pm the response to so here goes.

I believe I got this recipe from this site. It's great tasting and works like a charm.

2 lbs. or 1 kg. bag of confectioners sugar
1 pkg dream whip ( I used an 85 gm. pkg...sorry Canadian pkgs. marked in metric, but the package was 1 envelop from a 2 envelop box)
2 cups crisco shortening
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. clear vanilla
1 tbsp. clear corn syrup

whip until fluffy. No need for refrigeration, but will keep in the fridge as well. Great taste and crusts well.

Good luck & happy baking icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 6

This sounds delicious! I just replied to another post asking about a bakery style icing and copy/pasted the recipe you posted!

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 9 Jul 2005 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 6

I would use high ratio shortening for this recipe. It makes the recipe above a lighter tasting icing.

I tried it with crisco first and it was o.k. then I tried it with the high ratio shortening and it was fantastic,

PurplePetunia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PurplePetunia Posted 9 Jul 2005 , 5:40pm
post #4 of 6

lilscakes,
May I ask where you got 'clear corn syrup' in Canada??????????

I've searched every grocery store I know, but they only sell the golden corn syrup.

Thanks,
Purple Petunia icon_smile.gif

vmw774180 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vmw774180 Posted 9 Jul 2005 , 5:42pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you, can't wait to try recipe

lilscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilscakes Posted 9 Jul 2005 , 9:46pm
post #6 of 6

PurplePetunia, it's readily available in any grocery store in my area. It's made by Crown and actually called Lily White Corn Syrup (despite it's clear colour). Hope you find it. Good luck... icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%