Can I Create My Own Candy Mold?

Decorating By Nyma Updated 14 Nov 2006 , 9:52pm by hellie0h

Nyma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nyma Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 8

Is there any way I can create my own candy mold? I really would like to have some for girl's birthday icon_rolleyes.gif but I can't find the ones I want anywhere!

I know you guys have some great idea out there!! icon_wink.gif

7 replies
Nyma Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 8

Bump!! Help!! icon_wink.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 8

http://www.culinart.net/

check this out............or you can make them by making an impression in gumpaste, letting it dry, and then using that as a mold......or you can make an impression in cornstarch or cocoa powder and pour melted chocolate in it as a mold.

debilou68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debilou68 Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 8

Hi, I found this by googling,, maybe it'll help...

Step One: The SIMPLE molds..
Just buy some molding clay and shape it into what you want your finished product to look like, cutting pieces away here, pushing little indentations in there.
As you work with the clay, it will harden into your mold.

You can also make a mold by filling a cookie sheet just less than full with a liquid acrylic or some other substance that will dry hard.

Before it dries, take your favorite plastics and lay them into the acrylic.

When the liquid starts to set, pull the plastics out. Make adjustments to the mold as needed.

Keep reading for different applications, various molding materials and dozens more ideas you can use at home, or in the back yard if you prefer a breeze in your face.

cowdex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowdex Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 8
Nyma Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 8:39pm
post #6 of 8

I knew you were goint ohave great ideas!!! icon_biggrin.gif Those link are excelentes!!
I'm trying to make the Supergirl emblema, the have the boy version in wilton but I want to do it more girly!! icon_cool.gif So i will definetively try these ideas and let you k now wich one I ended up using!!

Thanks!!!!! Thanks!!! Thanks!!! thumbs_up.gif

ryansmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ryansmama Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 8:19pm
post #7 of 8

does the cornstarch/cocoa powder really work? I need half a chocolate wine bottle to lay on a cake. Has anyone ever tried this for a mold before?

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 9:52pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you so much for that link to Culinart. This is exactly what I have been looking for. The possibilities for making my own molds with this Silicone Plastique is unlimited. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%