Bags For Cookies

Baking By flavacakes Updated 28 Sep 2006 , 3:43am by flavacakes

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 3:23am
post #1 of 16

Where do you all find those little bags to put the cookies in? Also, how soon do you put them in bags?

15 replies
cowdex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowdex Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 3:30am
post #2 of 16

I bag when the icing is firm - sometimes next day. I bought mine off ebay.....but it has been discussed here a bunch of time - do a search.

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 6:25am
post #3 of 16

I would do as Carol suggests and do a search. There are MANY places to get them from locally and online. thumbs_up.gif

crimsonhair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crimsonhair Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 6:41am
post #4 of 16

I found lots of really cute bags at a dollar store in Florida last year. I really stocked up.. there were 20 bags in a package for $1. Some had flowers on them, others balloons , happy faces etc. I have also found them at walmart in the party section. they were just clear though but still cheap. The bulk barn has them too .I make sure my cookies are thoroughly dry and then package them in the bags and tie with pretty ribbons.
Liz

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 11:42am
post #5 of 16

If you have those party type stores, they have decorated ones. But I have a Cake Decorating Store in Michigan where I can get all sizes shapes of bags I need. Otherwise, so many places on the net to try! Even Meijer (if you have it) or Walmart carries them.

heavenlys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlys Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 11:47am
post #6 of 16

I buy my cookie bags from country kitchen sweetart. They have a ton of different sizes cello bags and poly bags plain and decorative and generally they are very affordable.

kay52178 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kay52178 Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 11:59am
post #7 of 16

You can buy them at either Joann's or Michael's too. I've even seen them at my local grocery store.

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 1:15pm
post #8 of 16

Walmart as suggested and do you have a Hobby Lobby? The carry them in different sizes and either plain or decorated and they are really inexpensive!

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 3:19pm
post #9 of 16

I also get my bags from Country Kitchen Sweetart.

Their prices are good and they get here fast! I buy them by the 100's.

I am very particular about getting the "crunchy" type cello.

I have two local sources if I need them asap, but I much prefer to buy them in bulk when I can.

I package as soon as the icing dries.

aggiedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiedecorator Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 3:26pm
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdgirl

Walmart as suggested and do you have a Hobby Lobby? The carry them in different sizes and either plain or decorated and they are really inexpensive!

This week Hobby Lobby has their "Make n Mold" brand on sale for 30% off, this includes bags and boxes. Stock up now because supplies are already running low here.

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 3:34pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiedecorator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdgirl

This week Hobby Lobby has their "Make n Mold" brand on sale for 30% off, this includes bags and boxes. Stock up now because supplies are already running low here.

ooooooooooooh so glad I read this--can always use some bags for ds's class cookies and birthday treats. HL already has them pretty cheap at reg prices. Off to go there today(once dh goes to work--heee)

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 4:10pm
post #12 of 16

Also check the Hobby Lobby online coupon--most of you probably do to take advantage of the % off any item coupon--any little bit helps!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 4:17pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonhair

I found lots of really cute bags at a dollar store in Florida last year. I really stocked up.. there were 20 bags in a package for $1. Some had flowers on them, others balloons , happy faces etc. I have also found them at walmart in the party section. they were just clear though but still cheap. The bulk barn has them too .I make sure my cookies are thoroughly dry and then package them in the bags and tie with pretty ribbons.
Liz

Are you talking about the "party' bags that you can use for kids party favors? I never even thought of using those but they do come in neat patterns and they are cheap too. You can always cut them if they are too long also...

Some brilliant CC'er said they use cling wrap and hit it with their heat gun to make shrink-wrapped cookies....that could be very cool and if you were trying to drum up business, you could use a advertising label on the back where the shrink-wrap comes together.

flavacakes Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 10:48pm
post #14 of 16

Thank you so much for all the info!
You guys are going to think I am an idiot, but how do you do a search in the foums??

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 11:28pm
post #15 of 16

No we won't think that! At the top of the home page click on the forum tab then a little lower there is a search button hit that and type in what you are looking for. HTH

flavacakes Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 3:43am
post #16 of 16

Oh, DUH!!!! I can't believe I didn't see that!! Thank you!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%