Ices

Decorating By praetorian2000 Updated 26 Sep 2006 , 10:17pm by tatetart

praetorian2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
praetorian2000 Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 9:43pm
post #1 of 4

Is anyone here a member of ICES? I've gone to their website many times and have thought of joining...but what exactly would I get for my $60. I know what the website says, but I want to know from actual members. Is the membership worth the $60.

3 replies
jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 4

I too would like to know this. I've been tossing the idea around about joining, but the closest chapter to me is Kansas City or St. Louis. Not sure I want to drive that far if there aren't any other benefits.

BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 9:59pm
post #3 of 4

I used to be a member of ICES. I joined one year in order to attend all the festivities at one of the national conventions. Unfortunately, I let my membership expire because I was never able to attend the days of sharing and meetings the local chapter would hold. icon_cry.gif They're all on Sundays and I'm the wife of a pastor so Sundays are always taken. If my memory serves me correctly you got a news letter and a subscription to American Decorating Magazine.

tatetart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatetart Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 4

I am a member of ICES. Since about 2004.

For the membership fee, you will receive a newsletter each month. IT is a small magazine with tips, pics of cakes, recipes and ICES business notes.

On a local level, I have been to sharing days for ICES members where other cake decorators demonstrate different skills. LOVE the sharing days

This year was my first convention ever and I absolutely loved it. Lots of different cakes to view in the gallery, many demonstration with top decorators like Carrie Vincent, L'aurel Silverberg, Norm Davis, Stephen Benison, Nicholas Lodge and so many others just to numerous to name.

Then there were the vendors. Found so many things there. It is so much easier to buy when you can see something, touch it, or see it demonstrated.
And of course, there were vendors there from around the world.

Everyone who is a member is so willing to help in any way.

they are looking into a program for certifying sugar artists at different levels and are also discussing a mulit-tiered membership program.

There are a lot of upcoming changes in store for ICES, and it will be especially exciting to be a member in the upcoming years.

If you could see my cakes before ICES, then after becoming a member, you would immediately see the benefits of being a member. I have been introduced to so many different sugar-arts, methods and simply wonderful people since I joined. Worth every penny and more.!!!

thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%