Ok Sugar Art Show Help

Decorating By 8Tracie8 Updated 1 Aug 2007 , 1:02am by leta

8Tracie8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
8Tracie8 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 11:34pm
post #1 of 3

My husband has decided to "challenge" me in the Oklahoma Sugar Art Show icon_biggrin.gif (we are both beginners) and he was wanting me to ask if you are allowed to put lights in cakes for the competition? He won't exactly tell me what he is doing, only tid bits of information. I do know that he is doing a house of some sort and was wanting a light...... not sure if it's for the front porch or for inside.... who knows. I don't believe it will be a very big light, he just mentioned something about an LED light (whatever that is). We were just curious because I thought I had heard in the past that everything on the cake had to be edible..... if that's the case then the light would be a no go. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I think him doing a cake is awesome! (watch him beat me!!) Thanks.

2 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Tracie8

We were just curious because I thought I had heard in the past that everything on the cake had to be edible..... if that's the case then the light would be a no go.

Yes from what I have read too everything has to be edible, and you can't even use plastic decorations.

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 1:02am
post #3 of 3

They address Plastic items on a cake which are allowed, such as pillars. The Gingerbread Competition requires everything to be edible. So he probably shouldn't try it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%