Trying To Make A Cake A Little Different...

Decorating By cshelz Updated 3 Aug 2007 , 6:43am by abi

cshelz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cshelz Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 6

I did not take Wilton 1 and bought the book to do at home. This cake is not my first, but it looks like it. LOL icon_redface.gif I did the clown cake and thought I would change up the colors and was to lazy to make more colors. icon_razz.gif Anyway, this cake looks like puke. My kids like and it does taste good but, why do I get carried away? Anyway just had to share. Next week I am trying another cake from Wilton 1 and am going to use the same of everything thumbs_up.gif

Anyone ever do this?

Michelle
LL

5 replies
SueBuddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueBuddy Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 11:11pm
post #2 of 6

Well, I don't think it looks too bad considering, you did it just on your own, without the class. Sometimes if you're just practicing, who cares what colors you use, getting the experience is what matters. Besides (and i don't want to offend anyone it is just my own personal opinion) that it is really hard to make clowns look good! I'm not a fan of them!
Keep practicing, everytime is a learning experience!

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 6

Even when I took the class I switched up the colors if I felt the need. It's just to inspire you and teach the techniques and when there are 15 of you in a class it's kind of nice to see something a little different. As far as being lazy about making up new colors...I freeze everything unused when I mix up a lot of colors (especially red) so there is a rainbow of options. Personally the less colors you have to use the less mess there is to clean up, my familie's been getting alot of white on white and chocolate on chocolate. icon_biggrin.gif

BTW your clowns are cute except the differnt heads kind of threw me off but improvising is half the fun of what we do. thumbs_up.gif

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 2:09am
post #4 of 6

Hey Michelle, don't be too hard on yourself. icon_cool.gif We all have a cake that will forever remind us of the shortcuts and other choices we could/should have made. Boy I could show you couple that afterward had me asking myself " WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!?" Don't forget the bottom line-it did get eaten! You didn't say it scared anyone away... lol

Sandy

kidsnurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidsnurse Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 2:33am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gscout73

Don't forget the bottom line-it did get eaten! You didn't say it scared anyone away... lol

Sandy

So true... I've done that!!

abi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abi Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 6:43am
post #6 of 6

Which book do you have? I took the classes over a year ago, but since I went back to school and was working I had no time to practice. I want to start practicing again but I don't remember everything. It would be great to have a guide. Is it the Wilton School: Decorating Cakes?
I think you did a great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%