Louisiana Cake Addicts!

Decorating By ljberry Updated 19 Aug 2007 , 11:25pm by cheferyn

ljberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljberry Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 14

Are you from south Louisiana or the surrounding area and interested in starting a cake club? My friend and I were talking about how neat it would be to get together once in a while with other cakers to share ideas, recipes, stories or whatever, so we started looking for a cake club in our area. We haven't found one but have noticed other people from LA and talked to one "bonnebouche" who is also interested in starting our own club. If you are interested, you can reply to this forum or pm me. We were thinking of meeting in a centrally located place. Once we have an idea of who is interested and where everyone is from, we can start to make plans. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Leah Berry

13 replies
cheferyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheferyn Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:28am
post #2 of 14

hi, i just found this post. I live in Labadieville, La. i am from LaPlace and just moved out here. I would LOVE to be in your club. I saw a posting from bonnebouche and wondered who that was. my name is Erin Frickey and my email is [email protected]. I don't want to sound like a dork but finding new friends would be great. let me know. in the mean time i'll be down the bayou waiting, patiently. icon_smile.gif.

christielee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christielee Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:33am
post #3 of 14

Hey, I'd love to! I live in Welsh, which is 30 min from Lake Charles. So, if this gets off the ground, please count me in! And cheferyn, where is Labadieville. I've NEVER heard of that! And btw, we have the same birthday!! icon_lol.gif

Chrisite

jmcooley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmcooley Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:55am
post #4 of 14

Hey, My name is Judy and I would be interested also. I live in Raceland, LA. I started doing cakes in 1999 as a hobby. I viewed the photos of cakes that all of you have posted. They are very nice. My email is [email protected].
Cheferyn, Labadieville is only two towns away. I'm thinking about possibly opening a cake shop in a couple of years. So far nothing concrete, I'm trying to consider the pros and cons carefully. I would love to see your set up so I could get an idea of equipment and floor plan ideas and meeting board of health regulations. If you think that is possible, please email me. Thanks,

cheferyn Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 4:27am
post #5 of 14

Hey Christie,
This is Erin. Labadieville is about 10 min. outside of Thibodoux. In between Thibodoux and Napoleonville. Down da Bayou, just south of Egypt. icon_smile.gif. Where is Welsh? I've never heard of it. What is your email? Mine is [email protected]. I just wrote Judy in Raceland and we are close by. We really should start a club. I love meeting new people. Keep in touch.
Erin

Lulu4464 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lulu4464 Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 5:00am
post #6 of 14

THIS IS A VERY GOOD IDEA FOR ALL OF YOU. I AM FROM PUERTO RICO AND WE HAVE OUR CAKE CLUB. WE ARE MAKING DIFERENTS ACTIVITIES; ON JULY WE HAD A CAKE COMPETITION AND IT WAS VERY EXCITING. ON SEPTEMBER 16 WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A SEMINARY WITH FONDANT, AND WE ARE PLANNIHG TO HAVE MANY OTHERS.
SO KEEP IT ON! AND GOOD LUCK thumbs_up.gif

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 5:28am
post #7 of 14

Hi! I'm in Baton Rouge and would love be in the club.
Janell

cheferyn Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 5:37am
post #8 of 14

thanks lulu! Hey Janell. I'm about an hour from BR. Not that far. I'm an hour from everything! I think that we really need to do something. I know that there are more of us out there. Tell me about yourself. Family, Kids, Job, what do you do for fun? email me at [email protected]. Yay! Friends!

cheferyn Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 5:39am
post #9 of 14

oh and Lulu, good luck with hurricane dean. i hope all is well. I'm sure we'll be next. I'm making my plans for evacuation now.

dupart30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dupart30 Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 3:35pm
post #10 of 14

Hi Ladies, I live in Mandeville. my email addy is [email protected] if anyone wants to chat.

christielee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christielee Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 4:03pm
post #11 of 14

Hi Girls! My email is [email protected]. Welsh is between Lake Charles and Lafayette. I did go to Thibideaux/Houma when we evacuated for Hurricane Rita. Not the best of choices, since the levee broke there and we had to be evacuated by boats and police cars, and stayed at peoples houses we didn't even know, and our cars were flooded in for a week, when at our house, we only had minor damage, but hey, we had the best evacuation story!! icon_lol.gif

Christie

BTW, there is already a thread about this in the events catagory. I forget what the title is though, sorry.

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 9:25pm
post #12 of 14

I'll throw my hat in the ring so to speak!

I'm in Lafayette. I only make cakes for hobby as I have a full time job that sucks the life out of me (LOL) so it doesn't leave much time to make cakes.

vicmic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicmic Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 9:48pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheferyn

hi, i just found this post. I live in Labadieville, La. i am from LaPlace and just moved out here. I would LOVE to be in your club. I saw a posting from bonnebouche and wondered who that was. my name is Erin Frickey and my email is [email protected]. I don't want to sound like a dork but finding new friends would be great. let me know. in the mean time i'll be down the bayou waiting, patiently. icon_smile.gif.

Hi Erin, funny you should mention Labadieville, I am from there and now live in Luling. I was just talking about getting with others to learn more decorating. I am just starting to do this as mainly a hobby but I am addicted. I would really like to join a club to get to know other decorators and share ideas.

cheferyn Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 11:25pm
post #14 of 14

oh my! I knew I wasn't the only one. this is so exciting! Vicmic, my husband is from Luling and his family lives there. They are the Dwight Frickey's. How cool! Well, I've been doing this for 10 years now and absolutly love it. Luby, I would love to get to know you and believe me, I know all about life sucking jobs. Ya'll email me at [email protected]. Christie, you evacted down here and it flooded?! no one told me about that. now I'm nervous! Girls, we need to get together somehow. I know everyone works and has families but I think we need this. I know I do! I'm so excited. dupart30, this includes you too. Mandeville isn't that far away. Looking forward to getting to know all of ya'll!
Erin

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%