Lol I Have No Idea How To Use The Cake Dividing Wheel

Decorating By spongemomsweatpants Updated 31 Jul 2007 , 11:19pm by evieg

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 7

Ok so I am embarassed to admit this but I guess if I never ask I'll never know. As I was surfing the threads it came to my attention that not only did I have a wilton cake diving wheel icon_confused.gif but that I have no idea how to use it icon_lol.gificon_redface.gif
Any one care to give this poor clueless soul a quick how to?

6 replies
bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 7

Well, I'm not an expert, but here's what I do. I set the wheel out & put the cake on top of it, inside the circle for the correct size cake (10" cake in the 10" circle). Then, if I'm dividing the cake into 12ths, I mark with a toothpick at each mark that has a 12 on it. I don't know if that makes sense, but I hope it helps. Maybe someone else can make it clearer.

spongemomsweatpants Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 7

oh wow ok now it makes perfect sense! icon_redface.gif Now I feel sort of silly that I didn't figure that out on my own. icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif
Thank you so much for your help thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

randipanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randipanda Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 7

There are so many numbers on that thing it is easy to get confused!

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 10:12pm
post #5 of 7

don't be embarrassed, I didn't use mine for years, because I couldn't figure it out!!!

spongemomsweatpants Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 11:13pm
post #6 of 7

randi..you are so right all the numbers got me compeltly baffeled. I have a serious math phobia so when I see a bunch of numbers I turn instantly into the high school freshman crninging over her math test, it's aweful...can you say deer caught in headlights icon_eek.gif ..lol

bd...oh thank God I am not the only one...lol

evieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evieg Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 11:19pm
post #7 of 7

THE NUMBER IS THE NUMBER OF CAKEPAN YOU USE. THAT OTHER USE IS WITH ROLL FONDANT .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%