Help, Question About Edible Image!

Decorating By KimmysKakes Updated 27 Sep 2006 , 4:20am by sugarnut

KimmysKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimmysKakes Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 11:40am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone. I have a rush order for a cake that needs to have the Bratz picture on it. I googled and found the particular pic I need but when I enlarge it to fit the sheet cake size I need, it gets very grainy and blurry. Any ideas how to overcome this or is there a particular website I can go to, to get clear pics of characters to enlarge? Thanks for your help! icon_rolleyes.gif

5 replies
KimmysKakes Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 3:10pm
post #2 of 6

Hi. Can anyone recommend anything? Thx!

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 4:01pm
post #3 of 6

Do a google search of another image. The one that you have is too small to enlarge--that is why it is grainy. When you do an image search, it usually shows the image size (for instance 600 x 323). The larger the numbers, the better the image will be enlarged. HTH

KimmysKakes Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks, Missy! Do most people who make edible images just get their pictures off the Web?

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 4:07pm
post #5 of 6

Berl, actually yes and no. to be on the safe side, I google pictures that are "free"...they have plenty of sites that have free graphics that you can use.

A Bratz picture is a copywrite...you can do a search on Cake Central for the thread. I will say no more..lol

by the way, visited your web site...AWESOME WEBSITE!!

sugarnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarnut Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 4:20am
post #6 of 6

technically, edible images have to be bought if they are copywrited because it's illegal to copy them. They don't want you to do it unless they get the $. If you are doing it, then you need to make sure the picture is big enough. Usually the site itself has better pictures. Like surely there is a Bratz.com or something. A lot of online cake sites carry edible images (I'm getting set up to do that myself right now) but you might be able to get one at Walmart and just pay for it they'll let you since you're short on time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%