Chocolate Transfer And Fridge

Decorating By kkg Updated 2 Aug 2007 , 4:19am by kkg

kkg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkg Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 7:25am
post #1 of 4

I am planning to decorate a cake with chocolate transfers on Friday night for my son's bday on Saturday afternoon. There would be a Pokemon character , done with chocolate transfer, standing up on top of the cake. Would it be alright to put this in the fridge on Friday night? Would my chocolate tranfers still be alright?
Hope anyone can share me their experiences with putting chocolate transfers in the fridge....

Thanks in advance!!

kkg

3 replies
SugarBakers05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakers05 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:58pm
post #2 of 4

I have never had trouble with leaving it in the fridge, it will be fine. This is my preferred method of image transfer. Too many tears with FBCT, but the chocolate transfer rocks! I usually do my outline first, refridgerate it for about 15 minutes, then work on the colors the same way. Once complete, I cover the image with one layer of melted chocolate, so it holds everything together, and refridgerate until I need it. The last one I did, I left it overnight with no problems. Hope this helps thumbs_up.gif

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 5:02pm
post #3 of 4

Sometimes they can curl slightly in the fridge, but this is really only a problem when you are working on it still (it can pull away from your board) or it needs to go flat on a cake. The thicker it is, the less it will curl. And I do mean slight.

kkg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkg Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 4:19am
post #4 of 4

thanks to all your inputs.
i am very nervous since this is my first time to do chocolate transfers and its my son's request bday cake on sat. i hope all goes well.
i want to be done with the cake by friday night so i can concentrate with the food, decorations on sat morning.

thanks again.

KKG

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%