Babies Get Smashed... Your Favorite Smash Cake Photos!

Lounge By marthajo1 Updated 21 Oct 2007 , 5:56pm by 4Gifts4Lisa

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 5:26am
post #1 of 12

I thought it would be fun to post our pics of our babies with their smah cakes! I can't find mine right now!! SHOOT!! I will post them in the morning - but if you have yours post away!

11 replies
tabbiekat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabbiekat Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 6:06am
post #2 of 12

This is my son's first birthday. He did not have a smash cake but still thought it was cute.
LL
LL

LizzyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzyB Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 7:54am
post #3 of 12

I'm not familiar with the term 'smash cake' - can you help me out here? Are they a sort of Pinata type cake? I see the phrase used a lot on CC and just wondered what they were. Sorry to hijack this thread with a question when it is really meant for all your photos.That little guy by the way is adorable!!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:13pm
post #4 of 12

A smash cake is a small cake that many people do for their baby's forst birthday....their own little personal cake made just for them to destroy!

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 5:02am
post #5 of 12

I say Leo is claiming the whole cake.....! icon_lol.gif Too cute!

I have been really frustrated with trying to find pics of my kids and their cakes! My DH just got me reconnected to our photos and I still can't find anything!!

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 1:02pm
post #6 of 12

Why can't people just give baby a piece of the main cake for it to mush up? It seems so wasteful to me. Am I missing the point?!

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 1:06pm
post #7 of 12

Emma you certainly can...........I made a small 6" cake........he certainly didnt really eat it so yes it was a waste but it sure was fun!
LL

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 1:09pm
post #8 of 12

I made cupcakes for my twins smash cakes, I like that better, it's much smaller. Or like Emma said, I'd just do a piece of cake.

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 1:57pm
post #9 of 12

I've always made my kids a smash cake, might be a waste but they have a blast with it and I love to watch them dive in!! I guess it's just a personal choice. I'll have to go through my CD's and get my DD's pictures. Mk and Tabbie...your babies are adorable!!!!!!! This is a cute thread marthajo!!!

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 6:05pm
post #10 of 12

since we only do family at the 1st birthday we just let them have the whole cake for abotu 5 min lol, then we eat around whatever part they destroyed.

tabbiekat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabbiekat Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 8:00pm
post #11 of 12

The 13th was my daughter's 1st birthday. I just made her a little 3" pumpkin cake. Well it was so cute, she was so dainty and just took her time eating it. Once she got all the frosting off (and with a little help from daddy) she finally picked up a big piece. I was all prepared for her to be a huge mess and she really wasn't. Oh well I know she enjoyed it.
LL

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 5:56pm
post #12 of 12

Here is my little Bella last year. The smash cake matched her big cake...they both matched the dress she wore. I love smash cake. I usually do a 4" from leftover batter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%