Bridal Show Help- I Need Tips/ Advice.. Anyone?

Business By HammIamm Updated 1 Aug 2007 , 5:57am by CoutureCake

HammIamm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HammIamm Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 1:28am
post #1 of 5

hello, all i know is that i get a 10x10 booth with one free 8ft table. i'm trying to picture this, and what i am having a hard time deciding is, what do you all do for a back drop, and signage???? i was thinking of having something hanging in the back, but my booth will be backing onto one of the walls of the hotel, no certain. just plain white wall.. so i can't hang anything on there, unless i bring along a backdrop of sorts, but i am stumped for ideas!!!!!! please help me... anything would be great...

thanks

4 replies
elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 1:48am
post #2 of 5

I usually put one table behind me with all my styro displays then take one along for in front of me to put promotional materials and some photos in fancy frames--I have learned to do this becuase people can't help but touch and then there goes a rose petal or a section of border off your cake. It's not the kids either! icon_mad.gif I don't use any backdrops because there hasn't been an opportunity for me at any of the venues I've been at. Also, I take m y laptop with a slide show of all my favorite cakes that I've done. This is always a huge hit and people comment on what a great idea that was. I just put a sign or really nice photo over the keys so no one gets the urge to touch.

If anyone would like, I have been keeping notes from bridal fairs/county fairs, etc, and have them all typed up. If you would like a copy, you can email me at [email protected]. I will gladly send you a copy.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 5

You could have a couple of easels with poster size pictures of your cakes back there, too.

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 3:17am
post #4 of 5

You can rent pipe and drape from an event rental place. It doesn't have to hang on the wall that way. It shouldn't be too much for that size space. You might even be able to make a deal with them if you can find one that will be at the same show!

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 5:57am
post #5 of 5

An easy and cheap way to make draping for behind is to get some PVC pipe and make that into a stand then use a bed sheet to make the draping. I've got the instructions if you need them, but the thing to do is to make up a poster sized sign on foam core that you can hang with some 3M Command adhesive (those pull away strips that don't damage walls)..

Otherwise, the thing to do is allow yourself enough room to get behind the table for storage, but put it as far back as you can so you're out front where the brides are. NO CHAIRS! As much as they're nice, the only purpose a chair should serve is to hold extra brochures, business cards, etc. and then, ONLY if it is covered with a chair cover!

When it comes to your table, get their eyes to move upward from being fixed downward. They're trying not to make eye contact, you're puting them in a direct line nonverbally thumbs_up.gif ..

Also, samples are a good way to hook them in but if you're going to do them, go with something like mini cupcakes or having an assistant along who can take care of the cutting/serving for you. Also, bring your table displays and give brides some ideas for how to display their cakes. Things like christmas lights, fiberfill/organza/colored fabrics instead of tulle, etc.

Good luck!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%