Are You Missing Your Cake Angel? I Think I Borrowed It. : )

Decorating By okieinalaska Updated 1 Aug 2007 , 2:08am by GI

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 5:05am
post #1 of 14

I must have borrowed someones because I had a good cake day! I made this cake for a baby shower. It's my first stacked cake and I had to drive it 30 miles on one of the hotest days here. (it was nearly 80!, yes that's hot here)

Alaska roads stink and I had to drive it down a mountain and then up a mountain. Too many hills. I was so terrified to open the back and find it would be smeared all over the back seat.

It made it in one piece, didn't even move. Put the chocolate pieces on when I got there. : )

Thanks for loaning the angels. : )

here it is in my photos, the one below is sized funny sorry

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=847223
LL

13 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 5:38am
post #2 of 14

Hey, lookin good! Glad everything worked out for you on this order!!

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 5:39am
post #3 of 14

That is such a cute cake!!! How did you make the turtles and frog? I would kill to have it 80 here (southern Manitoba), right now its been like 120 with humidity!!!

okieinalaska Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 5:49am
post #4 of 14

They are chocolate transfers. Just put apicture under some wax paper and pipe with chocolate. Then put lots of extra chocolate on the back to make stronger. I added two lollipop sticks on teh big turtle to stick him in the cake. : )

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 5:57am
post #5 of 14

Very cute cake, I'll have to try that chocolate transfer. Been putting it off, just scared I guess. You did a wonderful job, glad you had a great cake day.

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 5:59am
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by okieinalaska

Alaska roads stink

AMEN!! My brother used to live in Northern AK! Great job on keeping your wits about your with your cake in the back seat! I'll bet you were sweating bullets!!

Its very cute! thumbs_up.gif

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 6:05am
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Quote:

okieinalaska
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:49 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are chocolate transfers. Just put apicture under some wax paper and pipe with chocolate. Then put lots of extra chocolate on the back to make stronger. I added two lollipop sticks on teh big turtle to stick him in the cake. : )

Thanks for the quick reply with the info! I really like the look and want to try it!!

cakekrayzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakekrayzie Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 7:08am
post #8 of 14

hey okieinalaska i think you have got my angel icon_wink.gif those are absolutley beautiful cakes thumbs_up.gif

froggyjustjumpin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
froggyjustjumpin Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 7:09am
post #9 of 14

I just love looking at your cakes. You do such wonderful work. I have been a fan for awhile.

You are not the only Okie in Alaska. My son married a little gal from Anchorage. They just bought a house in Palmer. That is such a long way from home.

okieinalaska Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 7:13am
post #10 of 14

Oh you are so sweet. I can't believe I have a fan, LOL. I feel very undeserving.

Palmer is very close to where I am. Justfrosting is in Stillwater too I think. I went to school at OSU. (go pokes!)

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 7:43am
post #11 of 14

Cute, cute, cute!! And I can totally understand the crazy roads thing....I'm in NW Washington.....and on the windiest road ever! I go through that every time I transport a cake too!!

Gotta love those Cake Angels!! thumbs_up.gif

GI Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 4:23am
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momkiksbutt

I'm in NW Washington.....and on the windiest road

Hi Momkiksbutt -- I'm in the SWest part of the State in Tri-Cities! We just got thru with the Hydro's. icon_razz.gif It's hot here but I' like it! icon_biggrin.gif People on the West side have webbed feet!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Old joke, I know - 'cause of the rain!

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 10:07pm
post #13 of 14

I'm born and raised from eastern OR...Nyssa, near Ontario. We are head through your area on Friday afternoon! I have to say I've gotten very spoiled living up here in the very temperate weather. I love it! Not looking forward to the climate change.... icon_surprised.gif

I love going "home" to see my family, but I love coming home back to Auburn, and all the trees and green and mild weather that we have here. Some people don't know just what "extreme" weather we get back on the "desert" areas do they??

I have some friends that live in Prosser....big time farmers, if you eat potatoes and onions, you probably have bought some of what they grow.

Small world!! thumbs_up.gif

GI Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 2:08am
post #14 of 14
Quote:

We are head through your area on Friday afternoon! I have to say I've gotten very spoiled living up here in the very temperate weather.

Friday: Bring your sunblock!! At least it will be 'cooling off' from about 103deg down to about 95!! icon_cool.gif

Quote:

I have some friends that live in Prosser....

Way cool! My coworker lives in Prosser!! Too Cool! Go Mustangs! icon_biggrin.gif

BTW - I'm in the SouthEAST not the west....tho, it feels like I live in the Wild Wild West sometimes! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%