Holder Or Organizer For Americolor Gels?

Baking By cookiemookie Updated 2 Aug 2007 , 12:34pm by kneadacookie

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 9

Is there such a thing?

I love the Wilton tool boxes, but I would love to find something that I could use just to store the many (little & big) bottles of Americolor gels I have.

Any websites would be greatly appreciated.

I checked on the Americolor site and didn't have much luck.

8 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 9

Look in the office supply section. The 3x5 index card holders are perfect size for the small bottles (.75 oz)

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 10:37pm
post #3 of 9

I use the rubbermaid lazy susans or turntables. They work great and all I have to do is spin it around, I use one for my gels and one for my airbrush colors.

KarensCookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarensCookies Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 11:22pm
post #4 of 9

I just found a rubbermaid container that fits them really well. That works for me as well as anything.

megamere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megamere Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 3:13pm
post #5 of 9

I bought a tackle box that has dividers that keeps them from moving or rolling around. I also can keep my tips, paintbrushes, and all that in there too!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 3:22pm
post #6 of 9

Walmart sells these containers for school supplies and they work really well. And not to mention their on sale at the moment!

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:50am
post #7 of 9

I have small drawers made by sterilite on my counter that I have labels on that stack. I put the color names on the label and store mine that way! I love it! I did use a tackle box at one time but I needed something larger for all my cookie cutters. So i have them in Sterilite carts on rollers and have them labeled with things like animals, baby, girly, flowers, birthday, sports, etc

breelaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
breelaura Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:58pm
post #8 of 9

Whatever you decide, you can get a piece of lightweight wood (maybe even foamcore - not sure) and cut it to the size of your container. Then drill holes in it. (3/4" or 7/8", can't remember). The bottles stay pretty well. You can do the same for Wilton, but be sure you allow enough space to fit the caps.

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 12:34pm
post #9 of 9

michaels has organizers for acrylic paints you should check those out

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%