Sculpting A Face Tutorial

Decorating By boonenati Updated 24 Sep 2006 , 3:04am by boonenati

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 1:04am
post #1 of 18

Tis not very pretty, but at least you can see how it's done, go to this webpage and click on the "Sculpting a Face" link.
http://www.how2cakes.com

cheers
Nati
PS: I will add a body to it in a few weeks time when i have some time to spare ; )

17 replies
katharry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katharry Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 1:07am
post #2 of 18

How kind & generous of you to share!

Soooo talented!

With many many thanks
Kathryn

Landa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Landa Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 1:10am
post #3 of 18

Oh that is awesome. Thanks. I had been playing around on my own and it was not working LOL

KatieTaylor77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieTaylor77 Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 1:11am
post #4 of 18

Holy cow! I thought I had my night planned . . . do you think my girlfriends will understand if I beg out of dinner to stay home and try this??? icon_razz.gif

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 1:27am
post #5 of 18

Thank you for taking the time to put this together for us. It is great.

Cakers84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakers84 Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 1:35am
post #6 of 18

Thank You for all the tutorials you have, but especially this one. Sculpting faces is so hard for some of us. It's an act of kindness on your part that I'm sure will pay off for many who will use it.

Gloria I

nenufares Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nenufares Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 1:38am
post #7 of 18

Thanks. Looking forward to see the rest!!!

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 2:07am
post #8 of 18

You are an artist! I aspire to be 1/2 as good as you some day. Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge of this art form, and as always, being kind!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 3:27am
post #9 of 18

Nati...
The tutorials on that site are fantastic...I can't wait to try some of them out!!!
It REALLY helps those of us who dont take classes or who are unable to. I really appreciate your work in putting those together!!!
icon_wink.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 1:29pm
post #10 of 18

You're amazing, thank you so much for sharing!

boonenati Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 1:57pm
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieTaylor77

Holy cow! I thought I had my night planned . . . do you think my girlfriends will understand if I beg out of dinner to stay home and try this??? icon_razz.gif

hahahahaah, that's really funny!!!
let me know when you try it out, and if you end up ditching your friends to stay home and do gumpaste sculpting heeheheh icon_biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendoger

It REALLY helps those of us who dont take classes or who are unable to.

Yes i've noticed there are quite a few members and people interested in cake decorating who are in rural or secluded areas that are unable to get easy access to this things. Im glad that i can be of help. When i did my first cake decorating course, I also couldnt continue because the cost was really high, it was a real shame, as i didnt do anything for almost 10 years. Im sure there are others in the same situation, which these tutes may be of some use to.

I actually showed this tute to my 9 year old nephew, and he liked it and decided he was going to let me try to teach him, we had an interesting afternoon after goign to see a movie. He tried to make a character from the movie "Monster House", it's far from being perfect, but seeing that he's only 9 and also the first time he ever tried modelling, i think he did really well. I will post the picture in my gallery tomorrow, my camera is out of battery (needs recharging). I made a doll while he made a little boy scared out of his wits and with some scratches on his face.
cheers
Nati

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 2:19pm
post #12 of 18

Fantastic!!! I can't wait to see it! I wanted to see that movie SO BAD but didn't get a chance to...guess we'll have to see it ppv!!!
icon_wink.gif

boonenati Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 2:23pm
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendoger

Fantastic!!! I can't wait to see it! I wanted to see that movie SO BAD but didn't get a chance to...guess we'll have to see it ppv!!!
icon_wink.gif

I also wanted to see that movie, but Paul went to see it with his parents, so we went to see Banyard. Hm strange film is the best i can say about it.
icon_wink.gif
Nati

mommacat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommacat5 Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 2:36pm
post #14 of 18

Thanx so much for sharing!!! Can't wait to try it. thumbs_up.gif

donnajf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnajf Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 4:40pm
post #15 of 18

Thanx again Nati! thumbs_up.gif

fabbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabbo Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 7:22pm
post #16 of 18

Thank Nati!

kris2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris2005 Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 7:29pm
post #17 of 18

Thank you soooo much

boonenati Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 3:04am
post #18 of 18

Ok, the work Paul (9year old nephew angel) and i did yesterday is now uploaded in my gallery : )
Nati

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%