Anyone Make Strawberry Cake Balls?

Decorating By MelissaLynn Updated 22 Sep 2006 , 9:22pm by caryl

MelissaLynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaLynn Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 7

I had a hicup while making some cupcakes and burned the bottoms of the first batch of some strawberry cupcakes. I pulled off the burned bottoms (the rest of it tasted fine) and saved the rest. I was wanting to make some cake balls, but was wondering what I should use as a binder? I've never made cake balls, but have been dying to try some. Any sugestions?

6 replies
krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 7

I bet Internation Delight Vanilla coffee creamer would be yummy.

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 6:20pm
post #3 of 7

Can't answer that one....but can't wait to see what someone thinks! I bet those would be deeelightful!

ConnieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieB Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 7

I make my cake balls using buttercream dream icing as a binder..it is yummy! icon_biggrin.gif

I have heard other people on here that are adding the flavored coffemate liquid creamer to it, that sounds real good too! icon_biggrin.gif

usaribbon.gif

CranberryClo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CranberryClo Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 6:22pm
post #5 of 7

I made strawberry cake balls with Irish cream coffee creamer and almonds, then dipped in white chocolate. Very, very good!

modthyrth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
modthyrth Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 6:26pm
post #6 of 7

I used white cake, fresh strawberries, and amaretto. mmmm.

caryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caryl Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 9:22pm
post #7 of 7

I've mixed strawberry and white cake scraps together( didn't have enough of either by themselves), added some powdered sugar and strawberry flavored syrup ( I buy the big bottles of coffee flavoring syrups at Sam's), then roll in powdered sugar, or dip or drizzle in chocolate-white or dark.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%