Idea For 16 Yo Boy Party.......

Decorating By CrystalsCakes5 Updated 22 Sep 2006 , 8:40pm by Cakers84

CrystalsCakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrystalsCakes5 Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 8

My son is turning 16 Nov. 1.

I need ideas for a party. He doesnt like dancing, nor do most of his friends. ( Boys, go figure.) He does race dirtbikes, but only a few of his friends that are coming ride dirtbikes.

We kinda wanted to kill two birds at once by having it a Halloween theme.
I dont think dirtbikes and Halloween go together as far as a party.
I can always make him a dirtbike cake also.

I am looking for ideas to make a very, fun party for a bunch of teenagers that dont dance. thumbsdown.gif I will have some music there for some background noise, but most teenagers wont do much dancing. icon_cry.gif

If I dont come up with something fun and interesting all they will do is just sit around and socialize and pick with the girls.

What ideas or games do teenage kids like thats not childish?

Now I can rent a gym or have it in my back yard.
So indoors or outdoor ideas needed. thumbs_up.gif

And I would like it to be a Halloween kinda theme.

Thanks so much. You guys are my HEROES!!!! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 6:39pm
post #2 of 8

My son is about to turn 16, too. (I feel old thinking about it!) He loves loves loves paintball and lazer tag. I would say, if your son likes dirt bikes, make him a dirt bike cake. You could make halloween characters riding the dirt bikes, like skeletons or ghosts. How about a haunted dirt bike course, sort of like a haunted house? I guess on a cake you could do that like a sheet cake with a course on it and ghoulies at the turns or underneath the jumps, like having to jump over an open coffin or something. You could get halloween toys to use for the coffin, etc and a toy dirt bike for the top of the cake if you aren't into figure piping or fondant modeling.

I have no clue about games to suggest, though... My son will probably just get to rent a lazer tag arena and we'll let it go at that. icon_rolleyes.gif

Deanna

CrystalsCakes5 Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks for the ideas.

Please any suggestions about some games.

Thank you.

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 7:45pm
post #4 of 8

Ok, I'm going to give it a try with a suggestion.

Do you remember that show Win, Lose or Draw? I think it was a Burt Reynolds production?. Anyway, there are 2 teams and each person would get a chance to come up (alternating between teams) and draw pics to get the team members to say the word/words given. For example, if the word is hot dog. The person would draw a dog and then maybe something to represent hot like a fire with a hand over it, etc. You get about a 1 or 2 then if no one guesses, the other team gets to say what they think the person was trying to depict. Anyway, you could use the halloween theme and use words like candy corn (hopefully the person would draw a piece of candy and ear of corn), witches brew (person could draw a few witches and a beer), etc. This is to just give you an idea. Whew that was alot. Or what about Family Feud type of game. Could have questions based on halloween, dirtbike racing, etc. Ok, sorry but this is all I can come up with.

CrystalsCakes5 Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 7:49pm
post #5 of 8

Sweetbaker,

Thank you. Thats a great idea.
I believe I will have to use that.

Thanks.

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 7:54pm
post #6 of 8

You could make it a scavenger hunt and incorporate halloween into what they have to hunt for.

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 8:03pm
post #7 of 8

I'm not sure if this is appropriate for your yard, but we have had very successful parties for teens at our house...we simply have an oldfashioned bonfire. We use hay bales for seating, etc. The kids hang out and talk, roast hot dogs and marshmallows, sometimes we make homemade rootbeer and rootbeer floats, the boys play the girls in touch football...we have lots of music...but usually not much dancing. It's a blast!

Since your son is going to be 16, why not incorporate a car into your theme. How about a sheet cake with a car on it and a monster coming up behind the car...you get where I'm going with this? Make it fun!

Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

Cakers84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakers84 Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 8:40pm
post #8 of 8

CrystalsCakes5, here are a couple of links for game ideas. Good luck with the planning, mixer parties always require a bit more effort and planning. So far we have only had all girl parties, but DD is 13. When our older DD was your DS age all the teen parties had to have a DJ, not just for dancing but also for the 'Cool' factor. Having their favorite songs played by a DJ was a grown up expierence with a teen twist. I'm sure you'll give your DS and his friends a party to remember.

Gloriai I

icon_redface.gif Forgot the links
http://www.partygamecentral.com/
http://www.eventwise.co.uk/asp/PartyAnimals.asp

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%