May Be A Dumb Question, But..............

Decorating By Shaynamills Updated 30 Jul 2007 , 5:29pm by Shaynamills

Shaynamills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaynamills Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 8

Can I bake a cake in a cheesecake springform pan? I want to make a 10" cake but don't have this size pan in a regular pan but do have it in a cheesecake pan. I'm not sure if it will run through or not. Thanks a lot if you can help. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Shayna

7 replies
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 8

I've baked cheesecakes in regular cake pans LOL. It's worth a try? Cake batter isn't that much thinner than cheesecake batter!

katro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katro Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:50pm
post #3 of 8

This should be fine to do, if you are really worried about it wrap the pan in foil or place in on a cookie sheet to catch any drips or spills.

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:52pm
post #4 of 8

I would grease the pan well, then run a piece of tinfoil around the inside bottom edge...maybe a 2" strip..just enough to cover the inside edge... press it in really smooth then grease and flour the foil just like the rest of the pan.

alliebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliebear Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 8

i have backed cakes in spring form.,... wait for it to coll a bit before releasing... other wise u might rip the cake apart.... don't forget to grease and flour

JuneHawk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JuneHawk Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 9:01pm
post #6 of 8

I think that when springform pans are clipped closed they are much more leak proof that loose bottom cake pans and I have baked butter cakes in loose bottom pans before. Like others have said, if you are worried about leakage, just put the pan on a jelly roll pan and voila!

June

Momma2three Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momma2three Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 11:19pm
post #7 of 8

I did this exact thing last week. I was making a "practice" birthday cake for my kiddo's and the only round pans that I could find (actually my MIL's) were 9 inch springform. All I did was grease and flour them. After baking, I let them sit in the pan about 10 minutes and then I turned them out on a cooling rack. They came out perfectly. I did not "unsnap" the spring part-just turned them out. No trouble with sticking, leaking, anything. Just perfect cake! HTH

Shaynamills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaynamills Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 5:29pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you so much. I am going to give it a go this weekend!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%