Getting Frustrated And Just Need To Vent!!!!

Decorating By lindambc Updated 27 Jul 2007 , 11:17pm by Luby

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 15

OK, so today I am working on my cousins wedding cake. The wedding is tonight. It is 9:30am and already almost 90 degrees outside. All was well until the icing started cracking this morning on the two largest cakes. Grrrrr. My BF was supposed to be here about an hour ago to run interference for me with my toddler but is not here and the toddle stuck his finger in 14 in. cake!!!! icon_mad.gif I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in April and sometimes the pain in my hands is awful, today included. I need to pipe hearts on the sides of the cake, not going well. And to top it all off, my sister was going to borrow her mother in laws kia sorrento this afternoon so we could deliver this monster, and her mother in law decided to take off to her daughters for the week, even after we asked her!!

Needless to say today is one of those days where I keep asking myself why I do this and tell myself it may be best if I quit for now. icon_cry.gif

Thanks for listening and letting me vent. Needed to get it out so I don't scream at those who are trying to help me. Hope everyone has a good Friday!!! icon_sad.gif

14 replies
Maureen1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maureen1954 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 15

I hope things turn around for you. I'm sure the cake will be lovely.

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 15

awe I am sorry to hear about your day. Take a moment, read your little one a story, then plop the little one down with the favorite movie of the week. Call your BF and tell him to get his cute lil behind here in your most seductive voice (that'll get him runnin) icon_wink.gif and make a list of everyone you know that has a vehicle big enough to transport this cake. Maybe call the maid of honor and see if there is a guest at the wedding who would voulenteer their car?
I hope things go better for you, don't give up you can totally do this. icon_smile.gif
I really hope this helps

JulieBee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieBee Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 15

Sounds like a pretty stressful day for you; I hope your BF shows up soon!

Julie

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 15

I am sorry your day isn't going well. Take a deep breath and leave the cake for a few minutes. Sometimes it helps me to leave it for 10-15 minutes and then I can return and keep going. Good luck with your cake and I hope your day gets better.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:38pm
post #6 of 15

Somehow, it all goes wrong at once. Stuff like that always happens to me-either everything is smooth, or everything is chaos and my daughter covers herself in food coloring (she just did that for the second time. Super Red and Royal Blue. To match the cake I made for her).
Take a deep breath, see if you can go to the park or something until your friend shows up.
Hope it will all turn out.

tnuty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnuty Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:38pm
post #7 of 15

Pour yourself a glass of wine...Im sure everything will turn out fine. I know how stress I get when I have a cake that is due and its close to deadline.. and my last big cake my toddler threw his shoe at it....nothing like trying to fix a big sneaker mark ugh!!! talk about running interferrance.. I feel your pain Good luck

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:39pm
post #8 of 15

It'll be ok! Just stop for now, and put a movie on for your kiddo... Monsters Inc always works for me!! I'm sure you'll figure out a way to get it there (you don't really have a choice icon_wink.gif ) Good luck and don't forget to post pics!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

darkchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darkchocolate Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:44pm
post #9 of 15

Sending prayers up for you.

darkchocolate

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:45pm
post #10 of 15

I think we have all had those days. You just have to step away for a few minutes and relax. I am sorry the day has gone so bad for you but I am sure by tonight when everyone sees your cake they will be in awe and it will all be worth it! thumbs_up.gif

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:48pm
post #11 of 15

Thanks to all! You guys are great! Made me a bit teary reading all the encouragement! Took a break and the Bf should be here soon.. Will post some pics when I'm done. Thanks again!

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:52pm
post #12 of 15

Good luck! taking a break should help give you a chance to regain your nerves. I know what it's like to try to get something like this accomplished with a little one. It's nearly impossible and so much more stressful! Can't wait to see the finished photos. I know they'll be great.

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:53pm
post #13 of 15

Inhale through your mouth and exhale through your nose. Okay, now, TRUST IN THE LORD. He will see you through this.

This is how I get through my cake decorating days. If nothing else, put towels on the back seat to keep the cakes even and drive slowly when it's time to transport the cakes. And take all your tools with you.

hmarie_73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hmarie_73 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 5:11pm
post #14 of 15

I have one word for you sweetie! VALIUM icon_razz.gif

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 11:17pm
post #15 of 15

Take a deep breath and know that everything will be ok!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%