Help I Need Some Info On A Oozing Halloween Cake Please Help

Business By cakebaker1957 Updated 2 Aug 2007 , 3:26pm by cakebaker1957

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 6

Hey all CC"ers i need some info out there Doug are you out there, Im going to bake a toombstone cake for my hair stylist, in Oct she wants this thing to ooze green, So i thought maybe i could torte the cake and make holes in to it scattered out and then take thin rolled out fondant and fill the holes with them then add the ooze stuff, really thin icing, would this work and how long would this last im delivering it to her on the 26 its that night , do you think it would ooze when they cut into the cake??? Any info would be helpful
thanks all

5 replies
giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 6

Maybe you could try filling with coloured piping gel

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 2:16pm
post #3 of 6

I saw Mike McCarey of Mike's Amazing Cakes make this huge sunny side up egg, so that when you cut into it, the yellow part oozed. It was pretty cool! He used pastry cream that was thinned so it ran like syrup. He cut a plug out of the part of the cake he wanted to "ooze", filled it with the pastry cream. and then put part of the cake back onto it like a cap. Then he iced the cake like ususal. Don't know if that will help, but it can be done!

apwagner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apwagner Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 3:26am
post #4 of 6

piping get will work really well. It tastes terrible though so try to flavor it with an oil.

ribbitfroggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ribbitfroggie Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 4:46am
post #5 of 6

I have made several cakes that needed to bleed or ooze when cut into, and I simply use cool whip as the filling colored to whatever I needed, and as long as you serve it at room temperature it works as well as tasting yummy!

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 3:26pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbitfroggie

I have made several cakes that needed to bleed or ooze when cut into, and I simply use cool whip as the filling colored to whatever I needed, and as long as you serve it at room temperature it works as well as tasting yummy!

Thanks did you just put it as a filling or did u make a well and put it in to?? Does it ooze really good,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%