Do Not Call My Cell Phone!!! Argh!!! Rant Enclosed...

Business By cakesbyamym Updated 30 Jul 2007 , 5:10pm by Crissy_Cakes

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 2:57pm
post #31 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBigMomma

People just don't have a clue how much time goes into a cake.

What if her cell number was "accidentally" listed in a classified ad selling a donkey(a$$)? hehehe

hahahaha thats funny...

Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 3:06pm
post #32 of 38

Better not mess with LittleBigMomma!!

1gananny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1gananny Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 3:09pm
post #33 of 38

The nerve of some people, I would not do a cake for her now for h@#$, not with her attitude. When and if she calls you back I would tell her "your patient ran out and so did her time, no cake for you today!"

I think I would email her back the email she sent with her phone # on it, and say this is how you got it. Unless maybe you are related to Sylvia Brown and didn't tell us that! LOL!

Let us know how the story ends. I think it will end up with NO CAKE FOR HER!!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:09pm
post #34 of 38
Quote:
Quote:

"What you'd like a cake now, 2 hours before pick up?? Well sure, just be patient while I drive down to the local grocery store and and pick up a pre-maid cake which I'm sure will be perfect for you!!!".

Yes, and then hike up the price big time.

Some people, you just want to "smack them funny" to quote my grand daughter. Her version of "slap them silly".

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:07pm
post #35 of 38

Thats definitely not somebody I would want to do a cake for. I'd be relieved to be off the hook on that one!

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 7:27pm
post #36 of 38

Follow-up...

She contacted me again...through e-mail...which is the way I do probably 95% of my business. Anyway, I sent her a reply back and...nothing. I gave her a quote of $390 for the 4-tiered cake for 125 people. Fondant, etc. (I charge $3 per person for fondant). Long story short...party is changed to this coming weekend. Still no confirmation. I let her know that I needed the entire balance by today in my reply e-mail. No comment. No comment...no confirmation...no cake. It's that simple. I hate being like that, but like any other store front business, this is a BUSINESS. I can't just pull a cake out of my patooty to decorate on a whim.

Anyway...that's where it stands...

Amy

Beckalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckalita Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 8:52pm
post #37 of 38

Wow, you are WAY nicer than I would have been.....I would have responded that I was booked solid for that weekend and not bothered quoting her at all. Sorry she has wasted your time (again) and if she does contact you, stick to your guns and tell her NO!!!

Crissy_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crissy_Cakes Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 5:10pm
post #38 of 38

I'm absolutly amazed on how people seem to think that whipping together a decorated cake is so simple and quick.

If they want a cake with only twenty-four hours (especially if they have attitude) I have no problem telling them to bake it them damn selves because apparently all you have to do is pour mix into a pan, pop it in the oven and the viola, you have a perfectly decorated cake.

So rude.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%