Need Princess Cake Ideas Asap

Decorating By sugarlaced Updated 28 Sep 2006 , 9:41pm by sugarlaced

sugarlaced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlaced Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 1:59pm
post #1 of 13

Help! icon_eek.gif I'm drawing a blank! My aunt just called and needs a "princess" cake by Sunday for her grandaughter's first b-day. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

12 replies
bovaritter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bovaritter Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 13

I had to do a princess cake in a flash and I simply picked up a $4 tiara as a cake topper and iced the cake in Cinderella colors....see under by photo gallery.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 2:45pm
post #3 of 13

You can buy a Disney princess and make a doll cake, they're the same size as Barbie. Tiaras can be bought or made from gumpaste, candy melts and royal icing, some of the purchased ones come with wands. Pink castles are pretty too. Or you can buy small Disney princesses to put on the cake.
If you do the tiara thing make sure you have one on the smash cake too.

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 2:50pm
post #4 of 13

How many people do you need the cake to serve? Castle cakes are fun to do, or a pillow cake with a tiarra on top (or a glass slipper!) You could cut a sheet cake in the shape of a crown. (I think Wilton has a crown shaped pan as well.) Do a search for 'princess' in the gallery, you'll find more ideas than you know what to do with. thumbs_up.gif

CakesBySandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesBySandy Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 13

I have a big one in my pics. You could put a tiara on top.

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 2:54pm
post #6 of 13

I would definitely do a castle cake in the pastel colors. If you did a tiered cake, the top tier could be her smash cake. Good luck!! thumbs_up.gif

auntsushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntsushi Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 3:03pm
post #7 of 13

I just did a disney princess cake with an edible image (it's in my photo gallery) but not sure if you could get the image soon enough to make your cake. I had to order mine and it took a few days to get. The edible images are super easy to do and very cute if you don't have alot of time.

Good luck !!!

sarge1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarge1 Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 3:04pm
post #8 of 13

are you sure she means a cake decorated with a princess motif? Because there is such a thing as a Swedish "Princess Cake", which is a complicated cake to make (better start now! icon_wink.gif ), and sooo delish!

caryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caryl Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 5:07pm
post #9 of 13

sarge1,
What is a Swedish Princess cake?

sugarlaced Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 5:09pm
post #10 of 13

Thanks so much for the help!! I will post pics!

sarge1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarge1 Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 6:53pm
post #11 of 13

caryl- here's a link for a Swedish Princess Cake recipe. It's a genoise cake with layers of whipped cream, raspberry, pastry cream, and covered in marzipan.

http://home.ivillage.com/cooking/recipes/display/0,,s2vq,00.html?iv_arrivalSA=1&iv_cobrandRef=0&iv_arrival_freq=2

I have never made one (will be attempting this weekend), but I have eaten them and they are delicious, and pretty.

caryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caryl Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 9:12pm
post #12 of 13

sarge1,
Thanks for the link. Sounds delicious!

sugarlaced Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 9:41pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarlaced

Thanks so much for the help!! I will post pics!

Click on my photos page to view.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%