Im Goin Campin'!

Lounge By TheCakerator Updated 31 Jul 2007 , 5:22pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 12:14pm
post #1 of 18

Today I am packing up the last of our stuff and then we are off to go camping for the weekend! We are really looking forward to this trip just simply to get away for awhile ... we have had a rough few weeks and this will be a nice get a way!

17 replies
NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 12:31pm
post #2 of 18

Enjoy yourself, have fun, and most important --EAT A SMORES FOR ME!! icon_lol.gif

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 12:37pm
post #3 of 18

I'm excited for you! I love camping - I get to go next week to Girl Scout day camp with my daughter. I always love it!

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:15pm
post #4 of 18

I love camping too!!! We bought a used (1987) pop-up a couple of years ago and we do a whole week of camping in June and then several weekends in the rest of summer and fall....always fun!

darandon Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:52pm
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTODECORATING

--EAT A SMORES FOR ME!! icon_lol.gif

did you know, you can make these at home in either the microwave, or wrap them in foil and toss them in your oven. icon_biggrin.gif

NEWTODECORATING Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 10:25pm
post #6 of 18

Great now I have to go get graham crackers!! I might have to break into the marshmallow stash I have for fondant!

okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 10:29pm
post #7 of 18

don't forget your bug spray!!!!

mkerton Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 11:30pm
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by darandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTODECORATING

--EAT A SMORES FOR ME!! icon_lol.gif

did you know, you can make these at home in either the microwave, or wrap them in foil and toss them in your oven. icon_biggrin.gif

I have done them in the microwave but they just aren't the same for me (course thats cause i love an almost burnt marshmellow in mine)........

darandon Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 2:04am
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerton

I have done them in the microwave but they just aren't the same for me (course thats cause i love an almost burnt marshmellow in mine)........

You just need to whip out your kitchen torch and toast the sides after they get melty in the microwave. thumbs_up.gif

ncbert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncbert Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 2:49pm
post #10 of 18

We go camping every year.....My BF mom had a great idea for easy smores. Buy those digestive cookies the ones that have one side coated with chocolate . Sandwich the toasted marshmellow between the cookie facing the chocolate in,give it a squish together and YUM!
Alot easier but just a delicious!

Have a great camping trip!

mkerton Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 3:07pm
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbert

We go camping every year.....My BF mom had a great idea for easy smores. Buy those digestive cookies the ones that have one side coated with chocolate . Sandwich the toasted marshmellow between the cookie facing the chocolate in,give it a squish together and YUM!
Alot easier but just a delicious!

Have a great camping trip!

we do something similar but with the chocolate covered graham cracker cookies they sell.........its yummy too!

TheCakerator Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 6:20pm
post #12 of 18

WERE BACK!!! so we got home today from our camping trip .. all in all it was pretty fun ... first night night we realized our air bed, that sits on top of a collapsible frame, had a big hole in it .... after a quick run to the nearest convenience store to buy duct tape we thought we were home free .. that is .. until the duct tape blew off once our weight was on the bed icon_surprised.gif so we ended up sleeping on the ground the first night then ran to k mart the next morning to buy a new air mattress!!! the next few days went by without incident and I did nothing but sit in a chair and read!!!

NEWTODECORATING Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 6:24pm
post #13 of 18

I'm so jealous icon_lol.gif

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 9:04pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCakerator

WERE BACK!!! so we got home today from our camping trip .. all in all it was pretty fun ... first night night we realized our air bed, that sits on top of a collapsible frame, had a big hole in it .... after a quick run to the nearest convenience store to buy duct tape we thought we were home free .. that is .. until the duct tape blew off once our weight was on the bed icon_surprised.gif so we ended up sleeping on the ground the first night then ran to k mart the next morning to buy a new air mattress!!! the next few days went by without incident and I did nothing but sit in a chair and read!!!

So glad you had a nice, relaxing get-away! I'm happy for you, but not jealous. I am such an INDOOR girl, esp. during mosquito season! They eat me alive!

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 12:32am
post #15 of 18

Just got back from camping myself. We had a great time. It was actually a camping/wagon riding trip. You should have seen us going down I75. My hubby has a 4D dually truck which to me is the longest truck in the world and then there's the horse trailer and then we had our wagon tied to the back of that so we probably looked like the Beverly Hillbillies going down the road. icon_lol.gif We had such fun though. We have an air mattress also and I HATE it. Just as soon as I get new mattress set I am putting my old mattress in my trailer. I am such a wuss at the outdoor stuff though so technically I didn't "rough" it any. I will admit if DH's horse trailer didn't have living quarters complete with A/C, microwave and other amenities I wouldn't go.

TheCakerator Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 1:34am
post #16 of 18

I am glad you had such a great time dordee! Camping can be a lot of fun ESPECIALLY if you have the comforts of home! I would love to have a pop up camper or a tow-behind but alas neither one of our cars would be able to haul
anything so for now we are tent camping thumbsdown.gif Messybaker I am not to much of an outdoor girl myself ... I was prepared with bee/wasp spray, mosquito spray and sunblock ... I looked like a walking rite-aid! I think the worst part about camping however is finding all of your camping stuff, loading it into the car "just right" then unloading onto your site then REPACKING just a short while later loading the car back up .. bringing it all home unloading it again so it can be washed so the dirt and smoke go away then REPACKING it back into it's home! I am definitely looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight!!

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:47pm
post #17 of 18

Oh wow, that first night back home your bed certainly feels great doesn't it? I always sleep like a baby when we come home.

Cakerator, those pop-up campers are so light I bet your car would pull it if you had a hitch to pull it with. I've seen lots of cars pulling them before. They are a lot lighter than you would think. We had one last summer and I could pick up the front part up and put it over the ball on the hitch and it had an A/C unit on top of it.

TheCakerator Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 5:22pm
post #18 of 18

I know they are not that heavy but we drive a chevy prizm that already has engine problems ... I just would hate to run down our car even faster then what we already do because its paid off and making a new car payment would really stress us financially ... but a new camper and a new truck are at the top of "want list" thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%