Transferring To A Cake Board

Decorating By AgentCakeBaker Updated 21 Sep 2006 , 12:59am by AgentCakeBaker

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 11:26pm
post #1 of 9

Is there a special way to transfer cheesecakes to a cake board? I made one for the first time but just left it on the base plate of the springform pan since I wasn't selling it. How would I safely transfer it to a cake board without destroying it?

8 replies
Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 11:38pm
post #2 of 9

Line the bottom of you springform pan with a parchment round. When the cheesecake is firm, slip spatula under the parchment and slide over to cardboard. Works like a charm. I do this for wedding cheesecakes.

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 9

Totally off-topic but Mac, I LOVE your quote about quality cakes!! icon_smile.gif

And great idea about moving a cheesecake, I had wondered about how to do that.

Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 11:47pm
post #4 of 9

be careful if you're using a waterbath though because it will make a mess of parchment and wax paper. I actually had this same question about 2 wks ago so you can check the great answers I got....

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-39253.html

Mac Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 12:14am
post #5 of 9

Lalana--

The outside of the springform pan should be wrapped in foil to keep water out of the pan. Prepare pan with parchment paper, wrap pan (does not have to be tight) in aluminum foil--I use heavy duty, pull off piece large enough to go up sides and sit pan in center of foil. Fold up sides but not tightly--you should be able to lift pan out of foil easily when finished. Pour in cheesecake mixture and then set pan/foil in water-filled pan in oven.

Mac Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 12:16am
post #6 of 9

Sorry--jumped the gun...

Place cheesecake with foil around it, in the pan in the oven, then fill outside pan with water. Does that make sense????

AMW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AMW Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 10:26am
post #7 of 9

You can also foil cover an appropriate sized cardboard round and insert it directly into your pan. No need to transfer anything- just take the ring off.

Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 9:23pm
post #8 of 9

I guess I haven't found the perfect springform pan then because all of mine I've tried have leaked at least a small amount. I have a huge magic line removable bottom one but I haven't figured out if it leaks or not so maybe that's the secret to no leakage.

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 12:59am
post #9 of 9

Thanks Mac.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%