Half Chocolate Half White

Decorating By Mrs262 Updated 27 Jul 2007 , 10:39pm by bisbqueenb

Mrs262 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs262 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 11:58pm
post #1 of 7

I've searched and searched but apparently I can't get the right combination of keywords, lol. Can anyone help me? I need to make a half chocolate half white sheet cake. Is there a way to do this all in one pan? It will be a 12x 18. Thanks for any help!! icon_lol.gif

6 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 12:03am
post #2 of 7

yep...

method 1 -- for the really coordinated --- two bowls, one white, one chocolate -- pour into pan at same time. pour about 1/3 of distance in from each side -- batter meets in the middle

method 2 -- tilt pan up on one end ... fill up about half w/ one batter -- drop pan and before batter has time to move to middle -- pour in other batter

method 3 -- make a little divider wall out of heavy duty aluminum foil -- make it full width of pan and "then some" -- enough extra to create tabs you can lock on to side of pan -- pour one side, pour the other, remove divider.

fun thing to do after any of them -- take knife or spatula and run it back and forth to swirl where the batter meet to make a small section of marble cake in the middle

Mrs262 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs262 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 12:08am
post #3 of 7

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I knew I had seen it in here somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Awesome! Thanks so much!

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 7

Doug, I have done this before and one side, the white usually gets done before the chocolate. Has this ever happened to you? How do you prevent this from happening? I was told that it was because the chocolate is a denser cake it takes longer???

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:15pm
post #5 of 7

I --
use heating cores
the water soaked wraps (as I have trouble w/ overcooked corners on the chocolate of all things)

and to get same density -- can just make all white batter , divide in half and then add cocoa powder and a bit more sugar and vanilla to one half (like you do w/ a box marble cake mix)

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 10:35pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks Doug, I will try the additions first and need be the cores if necessary. I also bake at 325. Thanks for your help. icon_smile.gif

Kat icon_smile.gif

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 10:39pm
post #7 of 7

When you swirl the middle you end up with 3 flavors of cake...white/chocolate/marble! I always show the client which side to cut to get the 3 different flavors rather than having to finish all of one to get to the next.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%