Help I Need To Make A Bday Cake For Boy And Girl.

Decorating By amodeoandrea Updated 28 Sep 2006 , 4:17am by jamiet

amodeoandrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amodeoandrea Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 2:03pm
post #1 of 13

Mom say the boy likes ninja turtles, and the girl likes pink?????? She wanted one sheet cake decorated for both. I don't think that it will look very good. Any suggestions? Oh yeah and she needs it for Sat. morn.

12 replies
estherwheat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
estherwheat Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 13

Try a sheet cake and draw a line down the middle and decorate each half differently. You could also use the book pan and do one "page" for the boy and the other for the girl. Good luck!

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 2:14pm
post #3 of 13

You could do a regular ninja turtle and a princess ninja turtle! LOL Is the girl younger? Chances are she likes what her big brother likes too. Do you have ages for the kids?

Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 2:14pm
post #4 of 13

That is what I was going to suggest as well. Just treat it as 2 cakes, with one half decorated for him and the other half decorated for her.

jillchap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillchap Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 2:16pm
post #5 of 13

i like the book cake idea. i think it would be tough to incorporate the ninja turtles with something pink... unless you could do ninja turtles vs. powerpuff girls icon_biggrin.gif
is she married to the sheet cake idea? i mean you could do a sheet cake and then 2 mini cakes on top (one for each kid)...

MSurina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MSurina Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 2:22pm
post #6 of 13

How about if you join the two of them together?? Bear with me, while I think this through. Maybe you could have the ninja turtle walking along a pathway in a forest (filled with enemies) that leads to a pink castle? With a princess waiting for him at the top of the castle. Sounds like she (the mom) wants it simple, so the castle could be a 6" round or square cake with a few upside down iced ice cream cones, and then maybe some little decorations for doors and windows and such....

amodeoandrea Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 4:28pm
post #7 of 13

Thank you for all of the ideas! I think I might try the book idea. Does anyone have any tips for carving? I know that I won't be able to find a pan in time. Mom is stuck on the one sheet cake idea, I can already tell she is trying to save money. So i didn't want to get to intricate with the decorations, I really did like the forest idea. I just never seem to get paid enough for my time. Not to mention I am 8 months pregnant and have a 2 year old to entertain while I make the cake. Thanks again.

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 7:54pm
post #8 of 13

Tell the mom how you feel and suggest two smaller cakes they can both have their own cake

eromero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eromero Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 10:38pm
post #9 of 13

I think the book idea is great. Is there any way that you can go get the Wilton book pan. It would look really cool to have one page of ninja turtles and the other of a pink princess or something.
Elvira

amodeoandrea Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 1:07am
post #10 of 13

Thanks everyone. She decided to bake her own cake after hearing my price. I don't think it was too high. what do you think? I was going to charge her $35.00 for a 1/2 sheet cake, two layers with buttercreeam filling and icing. Carved like a book and fully decorated in Ninja turtles and the Bratz. I thought I was being pretty reasonable.

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 1:26am
post #11 of 13

That's what I would have charged! People seem to want a quality cake for the grocery store price, very frusterating!! icon_confused.gif

amodeoandrea Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 10:00am
post #12 of 13

Thanks

jamiet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiet Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 4:17am
post #13 of 13

I do tons of split sheetcakes for people who don't want to pay for 2. The last one was for a 4 y/o boy and a 28 y/o girl. John Deere and roses. I just separated the cake down the middle with shell border. It actually turned out pretty cute. Good Luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%