Unique Halloween Cookies Wanted

Baking By notjustcake Updated 26 Sep 2006 , 2:43am by golfgirl1227

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 12

looking for new ideas for halooween cookies I know ghosts, pumkpkins, and such but want something original not seen by many out there yet, does anyone have any ideas? I would decorate with royal icing

11 replies
Peachez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachez Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 12

Don't now exactly how unique of a cookie you're looking for but I was at Michael's craft store over the weekend. Wilton has a cookie cutter set of 40 cutters (not positive about the number but pretty sure it was 30 or 40) for $9.99. It had bats, skulls, frankenstein heads, pumpkins, ghosts, witch hats, cats...some duplicates but all in different sizes...maybe some other shapes too but I don't remember.

Hope that helps thumbs_up.gif

Momofjakeandjosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momofjakeandjosh Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 12

The 2007 Wilton Yearbook had a couple cute ideas with the Gingerbread man cookie cutter. On one, they cut the head off the Gingerbread man and frosted him like a Frankenstein with his head in his hand. The other one was frosted with white stripes with two eyes peeking out like a mummy. I'd never seen those before and I thought they were adorable!

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 12

I recently bought a pack of four halloween cookies for a dollar at Target. they are small though, one of them is the head of frankstein. that's the only i can remember, cause the other look like you can find there anywhere. I have also seen that frankstein one from wilton's, which is a bit bigger. I gues you can also do witches hat w/a regular party hat cutter. A triangle can make candy corn candy cookie.
spiders & webs
cats
mummy's
skeleton face
witch
ghost
pumpkin
candy bag
broken fingers w/nails (google)
creepy cat
eye balls. icon_surprised.gifD

HTH

kaste28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaste28 Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 12

Here's one I'd like - I've seen that some people have house-shaped cookie cutters. You could decorate those like a little haunted house.

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 8:54pm
post #6 of 12

Great ideas thanks

crimsonhair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crimsonhair Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 4:15am
post #7 of 12

I made witches last year for a friend.. I didn't have a witch cutter so used a gingerbread girl and cut the hat out by hand when I was making each cookie.. They were fun to make and she loved them.
Liz

ngarza07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngarza07 Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 7:10pm
post #8 of 12

I just bought the 9.99 tub of cutters from Michael's. It has 40 cutters. I bought it with a coupon so for five bucks I thought it was as steal, even if I only really wanted four of the cutters. There's a devils head, tombstone, coffin and Frankenstein head only (3 sizes) and body - kinda like the gingerbread cutter. I didn't have these shapes and thought they were different and would be fun to make. Someone else mentioned the other shapes. It has all the fall basics too, like different leaves, ghosts, witches, candy corn, etc. Best bargain out there I've seen so far.

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 4:30pm
post #9 of 12

i still love the idea of using the gingerbread cutter and making kids in thier costumes...witch, ghost, cheerleader....

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 2:43am
post #10 of 12

Here's a few ideas:
Snowman cutter, done as a stack of jack-o-lanterns
Circle cutter, done as a full moon w/a witch flying on her broom (silhouette)
Hand cutter, done all gory w/blood, maybe break off a finger?
Cemetary Headstones (probably have to cut your own)
Gingerbread man cutter done as a scarecrow
Lips shaped cutter done w/vampire teeth
Teddy bear cutter, w/bear in costume & mask

I think I'm going to do the jack-o-lanterns idea for my kids class treats for October! icon_smile.gif

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 6:37pm
post #11 of 12

I plan on making round cookies decorated like bloodshot eyeballs for my son's scout troop. Cut a larger round cookie to give it a "brain" shape--you get two cookies out of each one and ice it to look like a brain. Not to be gross but the hand shaped one could be a "severed" hand pretty easily. I think of these things because I am surrounded by boys!

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 2:43am
post #12 of 12

I L-O-V-E these cookies. They are my FAVORITE, well one of them!!! There are so many great designs in the cookie gallery. Just search halloween cookies and you will see some awesome ones.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=search&search=halloween%20cookies&cat=0&pos=60&search=halloween%20cookies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%