I Need Sarcophagus Cake Help And Ideas!!!

Decorating By nathanikka Updated 18 Sep 2006 , 4:07am by nathanikka

nathanikka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nathanikka Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 2:11am
post #1 of 11

Okay, just got asked to make a sarcophagus cake for a teenagers bday party and have no idea what to do... you are all so wonderful and come up with the best ideas, ever... please help me, again!!! The only thing that I know right now is that she wants a sarcophagus cake.... other than that, your guess is as good as mine... please help me everyone!!!

10 replies
adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 3:33am
post #2 of 11

Do you mean like a mausoleum? icon_confused.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 3:37am
post #3 of 11

I did a Google search and only found cakes shaped like coffins....but if she wants a sarcophagus in the Egyptian style, that shouldn't be hard to do at all....
If she wants a mausoleum style...that's doable but different altogether..

I think she needs to clarify what she wants....

goal4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goal4me Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 3:38am
post #4 of 11

I have no idea whqat that means....I'd ask for more info from the person ordering....

SilkwoodStudios Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SilkwoodStudios Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 3:40am
post #5 of 11

i cant wait to see this cake and of course its not even baked let alone decorated yet but still, i love all things egyptian, havent done a themed cake in it yet but i can see a simple carved cake, covered in fondant and painted with tons of hyroglifics (sp?) and gold luster,do some searches , (google, ask.com) and see some examples. dont think it would be that hard and could be very striking, good luck , PM me if i can help out any more!

nathanikka Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 3:41am
post #6 of 11

no, it is more like a raised coffin... dictionary.com says.... sar‧coph‧a‧gus  /sɑrˈkɒfəgəs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sahr-kof-uh-guhs] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
noun, plural -gi /-ˌdʒaɪ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[-jahy] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation, -gus‧es.
1.  a stone coffin, esp. one bearing sculpture, inscriptions, etc., often displayed as a monument.
2.  Greek Antiquity. a kind of stone thought to consume the flesh of corpses, used for coffins. does that help??

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 3:44am
post #7 of 11

Just a thougth: See if it has anything to do with the TV show "stargate".

nathanikka Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 3:46am
post #8 of 11

my problem is, I can only deal with the mom here as to what the girl wants... think that she is going to be 14 or 15, or pretty close to that, but, I have no way to contact the birthday girl herself as she doesn't have a phone at home, so I have to deal with mom... I am trying to find out all that I can, but, this cake has to be done by the 27th, not much time, that is what I thought I would turn to help here, you all have always helped me out a lot!

sherik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherik Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 3:48am
post #9 of 11

I Googled "Sarcophagus Photos" the most prevalent one is King Tut.
I would use a full sheet cake pan and bake two of them. Cut the rectangle
base as many a three layers tall. Then place them on top of the base of the other sheet cut in half and stacked for two layer base. I would cover with fondant then do a build up of the mummy (If that's what the customer wants)
with royal icing as well as all other detail then use icing colors to paint image and luster dust for hi-lights.

SilkwoodStudios Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SilkwoodStudios Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 3:56am
post #10 of 11

NATHANIKKA i have a photo of a full size sarcophagus cover i built for a theatrical production, if youd like i could email it to you, might be something to start with.

nathanikka Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 4:07am
post #11 of 11

Please, please, please. [email protected]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%