Need Idea Quick!

Decorating By bunnypatchbaker Updated 17 Sep 2006 , 8:21pm by hspree

bunnypatchbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bunnypatchbaker Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 8

Please help me get a great idea! I have a regular customer from church ask me today to do a birthday cake for her two daughters for next Sunday. No problem. I have enough time and she is easy to please. Just do whatever you like - we are not going with any particular theme. Sounds easy enough - except for the fact that her two daughters are age 11 and 26!! I am lost as to what to make. Something fun for the soon-to-be 11 year old but something not too childish for the soon-to-be 26 year old (who is a new mother!) I really want to do something special for them - they are close friends and good customers but I am drawing a complete blank! I know all of you will have some great ideas for me so-- thanks in advance!!!! thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
rajinaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rajinaren Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 8

Doll cake would be good for the 11 year old daugther and a Formal cake with flowers will be good for 26 year old daughter. icon_cool.gif

cmmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmmom Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 8

How about a two tiered whimsical cake? Good luck!

bunnypatchbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bunnypatchbaker Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 8:09pm
post #4 of 8

OOPS! I forgot to mention that she wants one cake for the two of them to share - that is why I am having a problem!

katskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katskreations Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 8:16pm
post #5 of 8

topsy turvy cake?

bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 8:17pm
post #6 of 8

What about the modern looking circles with fun colors? I have one in my photos. It was for an eleven year old girl. It is the square one with neon colors with "Tess" on top. Good luck!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 8:20pm
post #7 of 8

make-up bag w/ accessories

shoe w/ shoe box

any kind of cake featuring BLING (jewelry)

no woman ever grows to old to not want to be queen/princess for a day ... so tiara -- crowning a new mommy ya know -- on a stack of pillows.

cell phone: "Hello, we love you... have a happy b-day"

hspree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hspree Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 8:21pm
post #8 of 8

I think the topsy turvy/whimsical cake would be a hit! Or, I picture a stacked round cake with in a pink and green color theme. Maybe some stripes? Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%