And I Thought Cc Could Be A Bit Katty...

Decorating By anorris3 Updated 25 Jul 2007 , 4:09pm by 7yyrt

anorris3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anorris3 Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 3:11am
post #1 of 29

I absolutely love the friendliness and helpfullness of cakecentral and its members (even if it can get heated at times icon_wink.gif) . I posted on a forum dealing with my profession and was attacked for asking a simple question.
This is an actual comment from one of the memebers
"i think generally you're either dumb, naive, dumb, or somehow delusional to the point of needing meds."
icon_eek.gificon_mad.gif w h a t t h e c r a p ! ! !
I was totally disappointed in my fellow peers especially considering this comment was from one of the "regulars." Once again thank the lord for cc because it is a fantastic get away for me.

28 replies
shoup_family Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shoup_family Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 3:16am
post #2 of 29

We all love each other here!! icon_biggrin.gif

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 3:37am
post #3 of 29

Holy moly, was that re: cakes?

There is still drama here but nothing like that, LOL.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 3:48am
post #4 of 29

That's why I hang out here!

oneprimalscream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oneprimalscream Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 3:52am
post #5 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by anorris3

"i think generally you're either dumb, naive, dumb, or somehow delusional to the point of needing meds."

Quite funny that the person who said that not only referred to you as 'dumb' twice in the same sentence, but they couldn't even capitalize the first letter in the sentence! Didn't we learn that in kindergarten? Tisk, tisk...

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 4:00am
post #6 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneprimalscream

Quote:

Quite funny that the person who said that not only referred to you as 'dumb' twice in the same sentence, but they couldn't even capitalize the first letter in the sentence! Didn't we learn that in kindergarten? Tisk, tisk...

You made me choke on my Dr. Pepper!!!
Obviously, they're either illiterate, ignorant, or illiterate!!

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 12:14pm
post #7 of 29

Ha ha!
CC is the place to be!

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 12:42pm
post #8 of 29

I misread it at first. I thought you were saying that someone here at CC said that to you! I'm assuming now that it was on another forum. And yeah......people at other places are pretty darn rude. This is the only place to be.

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 12:48pm
post #9 of 29

Wow - that has to be the rudest comment I"ve seen here. It seems to go in spurts here - everyones is so nice, there there always has to be the one person that has to feel superior to everyone by putting them down.

anorris3 Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 2:43pm
post #10 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by darandon

Wow - that has to be the rudest comment I"ve seen here. It seems to go in spurts here - everyones is so nice, there there always has to be the one person that has to feel superior to everyone by putting them down.

No, no it defintely wasn't on cakecentral. Sorry for the mixups. I couldn't imagine at our worst moments that a cc member would post something like that.
This was actually on a ...architecture forum. I hesitated at mentioning it because architects are so known for their enormous egos that I didn't want to add fuel to the fire. I think the person who made the comment though was a student and not a professional. At least I hope anyway.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 2:49pm
post #11 of 29

People like that just don't think!!! They are rude and inconsiderate all the time! Glad to know you like it here!
I hang out all the time! LOL

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 2:58pm
post #12 of 29
Quote:

Quote:

No, no it defintely wasn't on cakecentral. Sorry for the mixups. I couldn't imagine at our worst moments that a cc member would post something like that.
This was actually on a ...architecture forum. I hesitated at mentioning it because architects are so known for their enormous egos that I didn't want to add fuel to the fire. I think the person who made the comment though was a student and not a professional. At least I hope anyway.

It was early when I was reading your original message. I'm SO GLAD it wasn't here. I know a few architectures and they are a "bit up there" I thought it was just them - maybe it's a class they have to take to be one icon_biggrin.gif

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 3:05pm
post #13 of 29

I've seen boards on other websites get so mean! I'm so proud to be a part of the CC community where no one is like that.

anorris3 Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 3:06pm
post #14 of 29
Quote:

It was early when I was reading your original message. I'm SO GLAD it wasn't here. I know a few architectures and they are a "bit up there" I thought it was just them - maybe it's a class they have to take to be one icon_biggrin.gif

Well I surely didn't take that class. I think architects have just fallen from grace a bit in the past few decades and feel the need to act like pr**ks about it. Actually I think it just the starchitects that the younger genereation feel the need to emulate. It's really quite sad.

ssnc79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ssnc79 Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 3:14pm
post #15 of 29

I was shocked until I read the post that it wasn't on CC. That to me would have been surprising to see that on this site.

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 3:17pm
post #16 of 29

i laughed when you said that about architects!! i know 1 person who is in school to be an architect (not even a real one yet) and i can't stand to be around him! he's the most arrogant jerk i know! and im related to THREE lawyers!! (who are also fairly arrogant, know-it-all's imho)

anorris3 Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 3:29pm
post #17 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccakelly

i laughed when you said that about architects!! i know 1 person who is in school to be an architect (not even a real one yet) and i can't stand to be around him! he's the most arrogant jerk i know! and im related to THREE lawyers!! (who are also fairly arrogant, know-it-all's imho)

I totally feel your pain. This is what I had to deal with the 5 years in my program. It was hell at times dealing with the so called know-it-alls. I am rather disappointed with a fair bit of my fellow peers. It just makes cake central that much sweeter thumbs_up.gif

destini377 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
destini377 Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 3:40pm
post #18 of 29

Yeah, some "adults" sure could stand a good whoopin' on their backside!!! icon_lol.gif

rlsaxe Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 5:17pm
post #19 of 29

college students in general are among the most arrogant people I know! It's mixing the immaturity of youth with higher education.....can be a lethal mix at times!

anorris3 Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 6:23pm
post #20 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsaxe

college students in general are among the most arrogant people I know! It's mixing the immaturity of youth with higher education.....can be a lethal mix at times!

I will have to agree to a certain extent b/c I would like to think that I am an exception. I also do not believe it has a lot to do with mixing youth and higher ed. I believe it has an incredible amount to do with the lack of autonomy that teenagers have so when they do get to college they don't quite know how to act. But that's just my opinion as interpreted through the incredible book, "Suburban Nation: The Decline of the American Dream and the Rise of Sprawl" icon_wink.gif

rlsaxe Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 7:18pm
post #21 of 29

It's not the mix of youth and education, but rather the immaturirty and education. 18-23 year olds think they know everything there is to know simply because their college professors tell them so. Once they get to grad school, they soon realize that learning is a life long process.

rlsaxe Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 7:20pm
post #22 of 29

icon_smile.gif (just doing this because somehow I double posted!)

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 7:40pm
post #23 of 29

Before I dicovered CC I was a regular at the eBay boards......holy Mother of God! They are vicious, rude and just plain nasty. Posting here was like a cool breeze compared to there! I like to read some of their threads for entertainment value - like a digital soap opera - lol.

I remember once I posted a question over there about an auction I had and within minutes I had tons of wicked and insulting answers and within an hour, several auctions were pulled for 'violations'. I am not a bad seller who tries to key-word spam or any of the other stuff but apparently someone reported all my auctions and several were cancelled even though I had bids! Was I pi$$ed! After that, I created a bogus account so I could (hopefully) get answers in peace.........

anorris3 Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 7:42pm
post #24 of 29

So basically CC is the best website ever icon_lol.gif

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 7:57pm
post #25 of 29

((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))

Looks as though that person broke the generic internet rules of engagement:

One, treat your fellow board members with respect.

And two, keep your comments civil by refraining from name-calling and finger-pointing.

pammelasue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pammelasue Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 8:01pm
post #26 of 29

anorris3,
I deal with architects quite frequently and some of them really do seem to have their noses pretty high up in the air. Sorry you were attacked.

What cracks me up is when I, the lowly kitchen designer, has to correct their mistakes. It just makes my day a little brighter when I have to call them and tell them their idea isn't humanly possible. Evil, I know. I did a custom kitchen for one and he is still paying on it to this day, and we installed it over 2 years ago! Guess they assume they don't need to pay their bills either! LOL

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 11:32am
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccakelly

The trouble with the legal profession is that 98% of its members give the rest a bad name.

tashaluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tashaluna Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 12:01pm
post #28 of 29

That is why I like this forum sooo much. People are sooo nice here...... and if they do get a little mean, they seem to say they are sorry after a bit. Thanks for letting me be part of the cc Family

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 4:09pm
post #29 of 29

Oh! A fellow Halloween nut!!!!

Hello, Natasha! Image

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%