Lots Of ? Calling All Cc Pros

Decorating By yummy Updated 19 Sep 2006 , 6:33am by socake

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 16 Sep 2006 , 4:51am
post #1 of 8

When and what channel does Ace of Cakes come on? Scott Woolly, Warrn Brown? Websites?

Is Red Velvet cake firm enough for the purse cake ( cut round with flat bottom)? Can dowels be added for support?

Love the Coach purses. Would like to make a rvc with cc icing, does the cc need to be the crusting recipe to airbrush the c's (for coach) with a stencil on them? If so, how long to wait for it to crust? If you don't need a crusting icing, how long to wait before airbrushing?

Chocolate transfer sheets, are they only for brown chocolate or any color chocolate like the wafers that Wilton sells? Can you make your own designs or its only the designs that the company sells? Tutorial for how to do?

Someone on this site made a purse cake and they said they used the Sugarcraft gun to make the handles and zipper for the bag. Do you need this gun for this? Where to find a tutorial for the purse, a shoe( preferably not a sandal, this will be for a winter function) and how to make your own stencil? Since the purse cake stands upright, what's the best icing to glue cake to board?

How does edible icing sheets work if you're icing with a color other than white? When the icing sheet dissolve in your icing does it take on the flavor of your icing? Which company do you prefer? Thank You all!

7 replies
cowdex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowdex Posted 16 Sep 2006 , 6:53am
post #2 of 8

I can tell you Ace of Cakes (Duff) comes on Thursday nights - Warren Brown's Sugar Rush is not airing right now. www.foodtv.com can help you find both those shows.
As for the other question ....... I'm an idiot!

mxpark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxpark Posted 16 Sep 2006 , 7:00am
post #3 of 8

chocolate transfers can be done with any color chocolate. you can either buy the wilton stuff that's already colored or buy the white chocolate wafers and use candy coloring. be sure to use candy coloring though because regular coloring won't work with chocolate. and you can definitely use whatever design you'd like. its just like color flow.

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 16 Sep 2006 , 7:01am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdex

I can tell you Ace of Cakes (Duff) comes on Thursday nights - Warren Brown's Sugar Rush is not airing right now. www.foodtv.com can help you find both those shows.
As for the other question ....... I'm an idiot!

Cowdex - Make that two idiots here! icon_lol.gif

I was just getting ready to answer what you were able to answer when you beat me to it! LOL!! So, I guess we are good at watching the TV programs but the rest just goes over our heads! LOL!!!

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 10:36pm
post #5 of 8

Still need help with the other questions Please!

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 10:43pm
post #6 of 8

Yes, red velvet works fine for me to carve, dowels just fine, maybe a few extra.

I made a large Louie V Purse, Handles made by hand, no problems, allow lots of time to harden. Couldn't help with the stencil, I hand drew all the LV's on. It's in my photos.

Sorry thats my extent! Good luck with the rest!!

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 11:23pm
post #7 of 8

I'll try a few of the questions!

There is a template and directions for a shoe in Kerry Vincent's book, Romantic Wedding Cakes.

Edible image sheets don't actually "dissolve" from my experience. They get soft, but they're still noticeable when you cut. If your icing is other than white, you'll still see the white edges of the icing sheet, unless you trim it all off. Also, it may change the color of the icing image a bit.

socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socake Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 6:33am
post #8 of 8

I have the instructions written up for the shoe in my photo's if you would like me to send it to you just PM me with your email address and I will send it to you!

I have also made a few LV handbags, I made my own stamps using some foam by carefully cutting out the shapes and letters with a sharp knife. I stuck the cut out shapes onto another piece of foam and just dipped them in the gold and stamped them onto the cake. The handles I made free hand and the only thing I used the clay gun for was the trim around the edges which could be easily done by rolling long sausages of fondant free hand or by piping it on with royal icing. The zipper on mine was made using a peanut butter jar lid to get the corragated look and a cutting wheel to draw a line up the centre.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%