What Is Wrong With Me??

Business By squarepair Updated 22 Jul 2007 , 7:21pm by CindiM

squarepair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
squarepair Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 1:09pm
post #1 of 3

Ok, so I have busted my butt (and DH's too) to get my cake business up and running. My goal was to have everything ready to go so after our son's wedding we could go full steam. I had some orders before the wedding and have been making practice cakes as well. I also made my son's wedding cake and was very happy with it (no pics yet, though!!) So as planned and as if on que, almost immediately after the wedding I am slammed with phone calls and brides wanting tastings. I should be thrilled right. Instead I wake up every morning in a near panic, thinking what the heck am I doing!! Did anyone else go through this? Will it go away??

Kristin

2 replies
Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 3

You are just feeling anxious about starting something new. You want to be great and are scared that things might not work out or you'll be so popular that you are over-whelmed. Take a deep breath and take each order, one at a time. It will get better as you feel more confident in your business abilities.

Hang in there!!

CindiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindiM Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 3

Kristen,
Jenn is right. It is a lot of work to get started, as you know! Now you can enjoy doing what you love!!!!! I used to think, what have I got myself into, Ha, ha! Now I have grown so much in so many ways. I get such a kick out of designing wedding cakes, meeting brides, doing bridal shows and coming up with new marketing ideas. I just write a list every day of what needs to get done. Of course I get to pick what order I do them in! icon_rolleyes.gif Relax, pace yourself and start having fun. Remember, you have talent and skill, you'll be fine. icon_cool.gif CindiM

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%