Addicted To This Site

Lounge By simplysweetbygigi Updated 23 Jul 2007 , 5:09pm by LaSombra

simplysweetbygigi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweetbygigi Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 8:08am
post #1 of 7

is any one else up at 4 in the morning just scanning the forum and galleries!! icon_eek.gif can't believe how addicting this site is. i've learned so much for here from so many people, can't understand how i got along without this site before. i am so tired but so interested with everything here that i just can't tear myself away from my computer, i asked my husband for a laptop so when i go to work (we own a pizza parlor) i can check out the web. well i'm gonna look just a little longer than i hope i can go to bed. i even dream about the stuff on this site, AM I THE ONLY SICKO HERE icon_redface.gif

6 replies
nicolevoorhout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolevoorhout Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 9:09am
post #2 of 7

Hehehehe, I don't stay up till 4 in the morning, but I spend more time at work on the site look at pics and threads, than I should! icon_biggrin.gif

littleredtonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littleredtonya Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 7

Been there! Isn't is fun icon_twisted.gif When I first started that's all I did. My husband would always ask if I could get off the computer long enough to feed him and the kids, or come watch tv. I have cakes to look at people I don't have time to feed you, Geesh! There is lunch meat in the fridge. He said instead of having an affair with one person I was having an affair with hundreds of cake people. icon_lol.gif I can't imagine what would make him think such a thing. icon_wink.gif

Tonya

sugarbird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbird Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 9:54pm
post #4 of 7

Guilty as charged!!! When the site is moving slow or I have trouble getting a page to load, I actually shut down and restart my computer to see if it will speed things up... usually works too!! I have gotten a co-worker hooked as well. Sometimes I sit here so long my "mouse hand" goes numb.
My husband comes home and says... "are ya getting your cake on!??"
Maybe we should start a support group icon_wink.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 1:58pm
post #5 of 7

I am on here everytime I have a free second. I could be doing the housework, but have to take a break and hop on. Should be doing the book work, but on here I am. Should be getting another batch of BC made, but, guess what?... I'm on here. No one eats around here if my face is stuck to my monitor on CC. They have either learned to fend for themselves or go hungry or stay dirty. icon_lol.gificon_redface.gif They hear the mouse clicking and they know, mom is on CC again.

Yes this is a wicked addictive site, and this is one that I will gladly keep!!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

simplysweetbygigi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweetbygigi Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 7

thanks everyone, now i know am not alone. my husband also complains about the long hours i keep with my boyfriend. (thats what he calls it when i'm sittiing in front of the computer) i think your right, we need a support group! icon_twisted.gif

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 5:09pm
post #7 of 7

I think I could spend days on end just looking at the galleries! There are so many wonderful cakes on this site and I know there are some awesome ones that I have yet to see because I come across new ones all the time that have been around forever without my knowledge!

The forums keep me so occupied though that I have trouble keeping up. Between this site and the other website I go to, I'm a real addict icon_razz.gif but actually, lately I haven't been on as much because I do have alot of work to do.

I just stopped in here on the way back to the kitchen from the bathroom for a quick peek at the forums icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%