Imbc And Smbc

Decorating By flavacakes Updated 13 Aug 2007 , 4:18am by ShirleyW

RRGibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RRGibson Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 12:34am
post #61 of 64

I know this question has been asked before, but does IMBC and SMBC have to be refrigerated until serving? I'm doing my first wedding cake which will have Almond SMBC and I'm trying to decide how long it can be left out. Thanks guys!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 12:52am
post #62 of 64

It can be refrigerated if it is a very hot day, but it is best eaten at room temperature so I would take it out of the fridge at least one hour before serving. I have had wedding cakes where I have also been a guest at the wedding and they have sat out for 4 hours or longer and were perfectly fine.

RRGibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RRGibson Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 1:44am
post #63 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyW

It can be refrigerated if it is a very hot day, but it is best eaten at room temperature so I would take it out of the fridge at least one hour before serving. I have had wedding cakes where I have also been a guest at the wedding and they have sat out for 4 hours or longer and were perfectly fine.

Thanks! But it's not okay to leave out overnight right? I think in this case it would have to be refrigerated up until the last minute anyway (please tell me if I'm wrong icon_confused.gif ) because of the fillings also. There are two fillings, coffee mousse and apricot mousse.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 4:18am
post #64 of 64

No matter what type of filling I use I keep my cakes refrigerated overnight and right up until delivery time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%