Getting Started In Illinois -

Business By FaithsPlace Updated 27 Jul 2007 , 12:03am by kendraanne

FaithsPlace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FaithsPlace Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 1:34am
post #1 of 7

Hello all! I am trying to open shop here in central IL. icon_biggrin.gif and I have lots of questions regarding pricing in our area...like...how do I go about pricing my cakes, Im new to this, do I charge as much as the other bakers and do I just call around to stores to ask how much they charge and then go from there? Thank you all so much!!

6 replies
FaithsPlace Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 7

Well im sad I though there would be someone close to me that could help icon_sad.gif

Thanks anyways gals!!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 5:39pm
post #3 of 7

First, where in Illinois are you located? There is going to be a big price difference depening on where you live. I live on the Iowa side of the QCA but Illinois prices would be comparable. But if you are in the chicago area or southern illinois this will also make a difference. If you are around West Central Illinois then I might be able to help if you are up towards Chicago then there are other people in that area that could help, etc...

Second, You did post later in the evening and there might not have been anyone on that is from Illinois area, or they didn't know where you were at, or they might have just been browsing the forums without enought time to respond. Please be patient with everyone else. There are a lot of people on CakeCentral, however they are from all over the world and you asked about a specific location.

FaithsPlace Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 7

Hello there! Thanks for getting back to me...I am near Peoria IL, Chicago is North of here about 3 hours. Chicago prices are higher then what they would be here that I am sure of...everything is more expensive there, icon_wink.gif Were at are you from?

Thanks again for posting back to me!!

momacs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momacs Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 9:34pm
post #5 of 7

Hi, I'm in NE MO but only about 10 miles from the IL border. I'm close to Quincy IL and do quite a few wedding cakes for there. My daugther,her husband and my grandaughter live in Peoria.
I would imagine that prices for Peoria would be higher than here. This is a more rural area. Here's my website with my pricing info. www.mcintoshbakery.com

FaithsPlace Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 2:37pm
post #6 of 7

Oh wow thank you so much! I will go and check that out now!

kendraanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendraanne Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 12:03am
post #7 of 7

I live about 20 minutes outside of Peoria. Are you thinking of opening a shop right in Peoria or where? I might be able to help you round out some prices.

How exciting for you!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%