Need Help For An Idea For A Cake Order

Decorating By shortNsweet Updated 23 Jul 2007 , 3:02pm by randipanda

shortNsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shortNsweet Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 11:09pm
post #1 of 11

Hi ALL,
I was wondering if anyone could help me come up with an idea for a cake that someone asked me to make. It is a bridal shower cake, ( for a small group...of only about 25-30 people). The future bride AND groom love golf, and the bride has requested a golf themed SHOWER CAKE!...I guess this is where the saying " Different strokes for different folks" came from...oh,HA...I just realized what I said...strokes...golf...lol......no pun intended!...ANYWAY...does anyone have ANY ideas that would look a little feminine??? Every golf cake I have made all look very masculine. I just wondered if any of you talented creative people could come up with something better than what I am coming up with! I'd appreciate any ideas!
THANKS so much for your help!

10 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 11

I would be very tempted to do a round cake with grass on the top, and a golf ball "baby." Draw a little sprig of hair and sleeping eyes on the golf ball, then mostly cover with a blanket (fondant) in the appropriate color.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 11

I wouldn't do that unless the bride is pregnant.... icon_lol.gif I read through the OP several times to see if I missed something! That idea would be cute for a BABY shower though.....

Good luck getting ideas.... ill be back if I think up anything!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 11:27pm
post #4 of 11

Opps--I read too fast and thought it WAS a baby shower.

OK, for a bridal shower, I'd do two golf balls, one with a veil and one with a top hat.

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 11:27pm
post #5 of 11

You know those chocolate dipped strawberries that look like they're wearing a white chocolate wedding dress? How about making a golf ball (they sell chocolate molds for those) and putting it in a dress and a veil?

How about making a half golf-ball and putting a bride figure on the top of it? Instead of holding flowers, give her a handful of fondant tees?

Deanna

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 11:28pm
post #6 of 11

This is for a wedding shower correct??? Maybe you could do a regular round cake to look like one of the places on their favorite course (like one of the holes I guess it's called... but the whole area with grass and all lol) make that up and then do two people one man one woman golfing! icon_wink.gif and if they are expecting already lol... or are hoping for one... maybe you could do something like when we were kids... "First comes love, then comes marriage then comes a baby carriage" icon_wink.gif do up a little carriage as well as the couple

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 11:29pm
post #7 of 11

Take Leahs idea of the round cake with the grass but make two golf balls, one in a tux and bow tie and one with a veil and lips and have them at the 18th hole with a saying something like "Jan's got a hole in one" (ofcourse it would have to be the brides name or you could use both the bride and grooms name) and have a little white flag sticking out of the hole.

peeps311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peeps311 Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 11:32pm
post #8 of 11

Leah's idea is really cute....I like that one a lot.

Blue0877 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blue0877 Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 11:35pm
post #9 of 11

Everyone has great ideas...to add to it I would make any green a pretty light pastel green and maybe accent with a darker if needed. Not sure if I am explaining it right but I have a picture of an over the hill cake in my photos that I did this if you want to see what I mean.

I love the ideas about making the golf balls look like a bride and groom...awesome!!

can't wait to see what you come up with!!

amberhoney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberhoney Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 11:36pm
post #10 of 11

how about base an idea around golf clothing? Its very distinctive and can be very marsculine or girly, think burberry or Kendra from Girls of the Playboy Mansion! Kinda like this one from krissy_kze which I absolutely love...http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=55459
LL

randipanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randipanda Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 3:02pm
post #11 of 11

I've seen a picture somewhere once of a golf bag cake. It would be really cute to do a pink golf bag cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%