Antonia74

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 15 Sep 2006 , 6:15pm by bakincakin

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 9

icon_biggrin.gif I just checked out antonia74's profile, and boy is she talented!!!!
I have also seen posts about her famous royal icing recipe, and I will be making some sugar cookies decorated with royal icing and was wondering for those of you who have a lot of experience with royal icing what is so different about her royal icing? I have only used Wilton's for my royal icing flowers in class that one seemed to work but the same thing happened to me with the nasty BC from Wilton. Am I missing out on something great here or will it be ok to use the Wilton one and get the same results?

8 replies
prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 9

CONGRATULATIONS !!! Antonia74

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 1:08am
post #3 of 9

I don't remember the Wilton recipe having the cream of tartar like Antonia74's recipe has, but it's been quite a while since I've made it.

I don't know if the royal is that different, but her instructions for how to thin it and how to use it for the cookies are wonderful!

I know the Wilton royal gets very hard, but it's used when it's a stiff icing, not thinned like the cookie icing.

Antonia's recipe is easy to make, and I would recommend trying it first on cookies, then you can experiment if you want to. I've been planning to try other recipes since the beginning of the year, but I've just never gotten around to it, LOL!

hth!
Laura.

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 1:22am
post #4 of 9

I think I will I wish someone knew how to cut it up cause I don't need that much icing, I only need enough for about 2 dozen cookies

flourgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourgrl Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 2:58am
post #5 of 9

CONGRATS TO MY FRIEND ANTONIA74!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your pic by the way!!!!!

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 3:20am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakedecor

I think I will I wish someone knew how to cut it up cause I don't need that much icing, I only need enough for about 2 dozen cookies

I've made a half batch before with no problems. Making a smaller batch might work, if you have a fairly small mixer (I have a 4.5 qt KA and it could probably do 1/3 batch ok).

It keeps for several weeks, if it's stored in an airtight container, so if you have any left over, just seal it up. You'll need to re-mix it before using after storage, but I usually just stir it up good with a whisk and it's fine.

I've also frozen a couple of cookies after icing is dry, and they thaw out just fine. You could make extras to freeze, if you want, and use up your "leftover" icing right away! icon_razz.gif

Laura.

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 3:36am
post #7 of 9

Congrats Helen!!! Wow just checked your pics and website and my jaw is on the floor! You have major talent, can I be you when I grow up?? Pretty please icon_biggrin.gif

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 4:29pm
post #8 of 9

wow! But I DIDN'T grow up...that's why I play with icing all day! icon_lol.gif

Thanks everyone!

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 6:15pm
post #9 of 9

Congratulations Antonia74!!!!! I agree, your work is superb. Wish I had an ounce of your talent.

Karen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%