Rachel Ray Show

Lounge By debbie2881 Updated 26 Sep 2006 , 3:03am by morg

debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 39

anyone planning on watching the Rachel Ray show? its premiering on Sept. 18th.

38 replies
mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 2:42pm
post #2 of 39

yes...I am intrigued I saw a tour of the set on Entertainment tonight and the audience actually rotates! I watch quite a few of her shows on Food Network, she just seems so NORMAL.....best of luck to her!

RebelsLGB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RebelsLGB Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 2:44pm
post #3 of 39

I've already got a season passo n my tivo! icon_biggrin.gif

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 5:42pm
post #4 of 39

I will watch to see if its any good. I like her other shows a lot but not sure she is talk show material, we shall see (hope it works out for her).

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 5:44pm
post #5 of 39

I won't. I don't like her. Her personality grates on me, I've tried a few of the recipes and wasn't impressed and my husband & I simply can't stand her.

But I wish her luck!

Rachel

mkerton Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 5:51pm
post #6 of 39

dustbunny I am in agreement with you....I like her food related shows, but not quite sure about a talk show....like I said I am intrigued...

It was cool to see on Entertainment Tonight how many things she brought to her new set from home, I always just figured you were given a set and that was that.

debbie2881 Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 8:32pm
post #7 of 39

really?? she brought stuff from home?? what did she bring if you dont mind?

mkerton Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 8:40pm
post #8 of 39

they have shelves and she brought personal photos, one of the paintings on the set was from her home, I think she may have said the 'coffee' table or end tables as well. There were also some puppets on strings (I know the real name but cant remember it right now) that someone gave her that are on one of the shelves as well...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 6:23pm
post #9 of 39

mrsright41401, I'm with you! My husband thinks she's the cutest thing but I can't stand her. He says part of the entertainment of watching her is listening to me make fun of her! Good lord, the way she scrunches up her mouth to one side like she's telling you her own personal secret ...... it looks so fake and phony to me!

Every time she tastes something, the response is always the same, always so scripted, always so phony. aaauuuggghhhhh!!!!!

And if I hear the word "smashed" potatoes one more time, I swear I'm throwing something thru the TV.

morg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morg Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 7:22am
post #10 of 39

I won't. Her "EVOO" and "Yum-O" make me want to throw something at the TV, lol.

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 12:12pm
post #11 of 39

I'll probably watch it at least once, just out of curiosity. But what I want to know is has that girl EVER tasted anything that wasn't yum-o??? icon_lol.gif Every time I've seen her put something in her mouth it's been 'Delish!' Just what the heck would she do if something tasted like crap!?! icon_razz.gif

bovaritter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bovaritter Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 3:16pm
post #12 of 39

I would have to agree...I like her recipes well-enough, ans have watched her cooking show. I do not mind the 30 min meals show, but do not liek Tasty travels for the same reasons you have all said. Too much Yum-o and over-excitement. i wish i could get that excited about food. She has a good gig going for herself. I am not too sure how I will like her as a talk show host, since I am more of a Letterman fan, sarcasm and all that. I will check it out though!

TheKookieWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheKookieWench Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 10:06pm
post #13 of 39

I will checkout her show just out of curiosity. I can only take her in small doses. Her evoo grates on my last nerve. And I too have wondered the same thing about on $40 A Day and Tasty Travels. Then again, she's probably not allowed to say anything negative. Who knows.

Momof3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof3boys Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 10:13pm
post #14 of 39

I'll watch at least to see what it's all about. I do like her but not sure about her having a talk show.

mkerton Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 10:15pm
post #15 of 39

I think she just loves food, and her EVOO and yummo dont bother me a bit....but I pretty much like all the cooking shows....just love to watch people do such amazing things with food. I really respect her 30 minute meals show because its the only show i know of where you can really see it all come together and the real time it takes to do it, not Put one in the oven, pull a done one out kind of thing....

I will say I watched part of her show today (before the kids took over the TV) and I thought she looked crazy nervous (and she probably was) and overdid things a bit....I will wait and see how things look in a few weeks.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 10:19pm
post #16 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennT

I'll probably watch it at least once, just out of curiosity. But what I want to know is has that girl EVER tasted anything that wasn't yum-o??? icon_lol.gif Every time I've seen her put something in her mouth it's been 'Delish!' Just what the heck would she do if something tasted like crap!?! icon_razz.gif

OMG, I really shouldn't have taken a sip before reading this.... icon_lol.gif I don't watch her but my ex-husband and my son are crazy for her!

I ahve tried 2 recipes - both were average at best and I was a little floored when she did a recipe for beef burgandy and mentioned how her mom was a single working bother, etc. and had created the recipe but it contained some really expensive ingredients and I remembered thinking, huh? icon_confused.gif

Also, what is Stupid good? Or something like that, I don't watch her anymore so I am not sure if she actually says that.... please say it isn't so. icon_eek.gif

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 10:31pm
post #17 of 39

CakeDiva73 wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

I was a little floored when she did a recipe for beef burgandy and mentioned how her mom was a single working bother, etc. and had created the recipe but it contained some really expensive ingredients and I remembered thinking, huh?

That is one of my complaints w/the 30 min meals show. Yeah, it may be only 30 minutes, but who the heck has that stuff in their pantry?? It's just not realistic to me. My other complaints are as mentioned previously: Yumm-o, delish, Stupid good icon_confused.gif , and the biggest offender---EVOO. She really does seem enthusiastic about food, but I can only take so much enthusiasm icon_eek.gif

CakeDiva73 Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 10:41pm
post #18 of 39

I think most of the shows on TV are quick and easy & EXPENSIVE! Even the slow ones can cost a fortune! icon_eek.gif

I don't know if they realize how much of a budget the rest of the country is on and we all can't afford some of the ingredients that they just throw in like it is nothing..... I just watch and learn and adapt so I can take the flavor combinations and create meals on a much more affordable level...

So she really says stupid good? What the he%$ does that mean? EVOO and the salt over the shoulder bugs the living heck out of me....the first couple times it was cute but if you are a regular watcher, it get real old real quick. I'm sure she has to explain for every single episode since there will always be a new viewer who doesn't know what EVOO means....

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 11:06pm
post #19 of 39

Well, I usually happen to have most of the kinds of ingredients (other than the meats, maybe) in my pantry/fridge most of the time and have tried many recipes of hers...most have been pretty good but I do tend to tweak a recipe on my own anyway, some of them were compelete flops. But I agree that the whole 30-minute thing is WAY unrealistic. She's there on a set where that's the ONLY thing she has to do right then...no phone ringing, no kids pulling on her to go outside and play with them, no fights to break up between brothers, no loads of laundry to switch out so JR has something to wear to school the next morning, etc. etc. Not to mention how freaking organized everything seems to be in her set kitchen...even the dang fridge is perfect. Ummm...are your fridge/pantry/drawers totally organized with everything you could possibly need within an arm's reach?? I don't think so. icon_lol.gif
30-minute meals....my fat, jiggly fanny! icon_razz.gif

CakeDiva73 Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 11:10pm
post #20 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennT

icon_lol.gif
30-minute meals....my fat, jiggly fanny! icon_razz.gif

You have to use the 'TV-to-Reality Calculator':

30 "TV" minutes = 1 hr. 20 "real life" minutes.... (this will even allow for time to run up to the store to get the 3 ingredients that our assistants forgot to provide for us icon_lol.gif)

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 1:00am
post #21 of 39
Quote:
Quote:

Well, I usually happen to have most of the kinds of ingredients (other than the meats, maybe) in my pantry/fridge most of the time and have tried many recipes of hers...most have been pretty good but I do tend to tweak a recipe on my own anyway, some of them were compelete flops. But I agree that the whole 30-minute thing is WAY unrealistic. She's there on a set where that's the ONLY thing she has to do right then...no phone ringing, no kids pulling on her to go outside and play with them, no fights to break up between brothers, no loads of laundry to switch out so JR has something to wear to school the next morning, etc. etc. Not to mention how freaking organized everything seems to be in her set kitchen...even the dang fridge is perfect. Ummm...are your fridge/pantry/drawers totally organized with everything you could possibly need within an arm's reach?? I don't think so.
30-minute meals....my fat, jiggly fanny!

OMG! JennT, you had me laughing so hard!
OK, in all fairness, I have tried a couple of her recipes that were, um, should I say yumm-o? icon_lol.gif Actually, they were pretty good---they were desert recipes of course! But I do agree about the time thing, I've got 3 kids of my own, not to mention a husband, who sometimes acts like a big kid! icon_wink.gif Anyway, I'll take Rachel Ray anyday over Sandra Lee!!!

TheKookieWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheKookieWench Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 4:15am
post #22 of 39

Okay don't be hatin' on the whole tossing-salt-over-the-shoulder thing because I do the same thing, lol icon_redface.gificon_razz.gif! Supposedly it's supposed to ward off evil spirits. My sister thinks it's corny and mom told me that a hand full isn't enough and that maybe I should consider tossing the whole freakin box instead.

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 11:58am
post #23 of 39

Ok, I must say first, and I confess, I didn't know who Rachael Ray was. Don't throw me anything!!!!!
So after seeing that post, I decided to check for myself. So I watched the ENTIRE show yesterday. She looks hyperactive but I might say that I'm sure my DD will act like her with food when she's a grown up. So that was ok for me. I liked the way she incorporated viewers to her show. Of course I checked the web site for today's show, because she said something about grocery lists so we can make her recipes at the same time as she does, but WOW that's expensive!!! So I'll just watch. But I'm used to change recipes because I've always been on a low income. But I liked the segment on 7 minutes meal. I won't watch her everyday though, she's got too much energy, but I thought she was nervous also....
Anyways just another talk show to watch.... and with the Megan Mullaly show I watched yesterday too, which I loved! So this plus my Montel, Oprah, Ellen and Tyra!!!! Wow it's a chance I see my tv from the kitchen or I'll be out of business icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Did I say I was a talk show freak?!? icon_redface.gif

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 12:58pm
post #24 of 39

so i had something last night & didn't get to watch, was it any good???

bovaritter Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 1:03pm
post #25 of 39

I did not get to watch either, but am going to today since Oprah is her guest. Oprah looks like she lost a lot of weight again....

debbie2881 Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 1:58pm
post #26 of 39

can i say dam it on here??? i started this thread and missed the show. who was on yesterday anyway? i'll try to remember to watch today between my 2 kids and making dinner.

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 2:56pm
post #27 of 39

what time & network

debbie2881 Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 3:23pm
post #28 of 39

daltonam its at 3pm on brighthouse channel 5. are you in central florida?

bovaritter Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 3:32pm
post #29 of 39

I am watching right now...cute so far. She is a little over the top, but not too much. She and Oprah are cooking together. her set is nice. She is puttin' Oprah to work. Oprah lost weight claiming she spent the summer at her Hawaii house on a mountain and, "ate whatever she wanted and hiked every day."

mkerton Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 6:55pm
post #30 of 39

yes I saw that too....hiking is good exercise....must be rough spending a summer in Hawaii huh???

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%