Chocolate Tfr - Storage?

Decorating By Tiffysma Updated 14 Sep 2006 , 2:26pm by springlakecake

Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 12:40am
post #1 of 6

How much ahead can I do a Chocolate Transfer? I would not refrigerate, but store Maybe in a zip lock? Will a couple weeks be okay?

5 replies
springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 12:53pm
post #2 of 6

I dont see why you couldnt do them ahead, I mean the chocolate is just melted...The candy melts sit out for who knows how long....?? I just think of it like a candy bar. Dont let it get dusty or to warm....

Tiffysma Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 1:02pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks, that's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure. I haven't done one before. I've sort of made them, just using the melts to pipe a solid design on parchment, then using on my cakes. But I need to try a My Little Pony for granddaughter's birthday. I want to get my decorations done ahead as much as possible, as I need to travel 8 hours to see them. I'll secure it (well cushioned) for travel and put it in a cooler with other ingredients for travel.

springlakecake Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 6

I have been practicing chocolate transfers for a little while now and here is a great tip...do your transfers on a piece of plastic (I used report covers) that way they turn out nice and shiny! (otherwise I think they have a more dull matte finish) You can see my pooh and spongebob cake in my photos to see what I mean!

Tiffysma Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 1:51pm
post #5 of 6

Wow!! Those are great!! Thanks for the plastic tip. I wouldn't have thought of that. For the stand up transfers, do you add more at the bottom, to stick into the cake?

springlakecake Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 2:26pm
post #6 of 6

actually I used the lollipop sticks. Just attach them with chocolate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%