She Wants A What???!! Oh My Good Gracious!

Decorating By Lazy_Susan Updated 8 Aug 2007 , 1:02am by MissSherry

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 11:44am
post #31 of 47

The second one is my favorite too. I think it'd make a beautiful topper.

I wish you the best of luck.. I hope she comes to her senses. icon_wink.gif

Holly

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 12:03pm
post #32 of 47

If she'll go for the second one here is a cutter to make life a little easier:

http://globalsugararts.com/product.php?id=18295

and if you have the time and just want to play, sketch up some other ideas before you meet with her. Let her talk about her crazy ideas and then show her some additional ideas for her design!

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 3:08pm
post #33 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodibug

If she'll go for the second one here is a cutter to make life a little easier:

http://globalsugararts.com/product.php?id=18295

and if you have the time and just want to play, sketch up some other ideas before you meet with her. Let her talk about her crazy ideas and then show her some additional ideas for her design!

Wow! Thanks. I think I'll go get my colored pencils and draw up a design for a wedding cake that utilizes this design! I love it.

Hugssssssssss

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 5:34pm
post #34 of 47

You're welcome! I just ordered from them the other day and I remembered seeing that design! icon_smile.gif

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 4:54am
post #35 of 47

Could an infinity also be a circle?

b777fan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
b777fan Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 5:08am
post #36 of 47

As a recent math graduate, I've had my share of learning about inifinity, so please post your pictures when you finish the cake. I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with. icon_biggrin.gif

Hollyanna70 Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 5:10am
post #37 of 47

Usually, it's intertwined.. I think it folding over on itself is important, though I can't quite say why.. I mean, I know why, I'm just not quite sure how to put it into words. I'm sorry, I don't explain things well.

In answer to your question, No, I don't believe it can be just a circle, even though that's what the ring itself symbolizes.

I hope that made a slight bit of sense.. hehe

Holly

b777fan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
b777fan Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 5:11am
post #38 of 47

If the infinity in question is mathematical, perhaps you could carve it out of a sheet cake and then drape in black fondant with chocolate icing underneath. To get more servings, could you try placing this 3D cake on top of a base sheet cake with small inifinity symbols piped on it?

brilandken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brilandken Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 5:14am
post #39 of 47

What about chocolate fondant with white chocolate infinity transfers? Just an idea. icon_smile.gif Can't wait to see the finished product.

jarjarmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jarjarmom Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 5:18am
post #40 of 47

OK this is going to be hard to explain but, it popped in my head so I gotta tell ya!

Make 2 large oval cakes set them up at different levels and then make a support system to set cupcakes wrapping around the two ovals to make the infinity symbol. So in essence her cakes are the holes in the infinity symbol and the cupcake are the symbol itself. The cupcakes could be in her wedding color and the cakes could be chocolate

Do you see it or am I crazy? icon_confused.gif

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 5:34am
post #41 of 47

Well, you could make one out of RC and cover it in fondant and then dust it with luster dust in a pearl color...and the use it as a topper among some flowers or whatever other decorations she wants to use. That way it's still edible, but not over powering. The concept is great, I'm just not sure it is right for as a wedding cake, for the cake itself. Suggest some of these to the bride and see what she thinks.

Hey, with all this support....from experienced folks, she should listen to you. At least you hope she does.

Sionann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sionann Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 5:49am
post #42 of 47

What about a circle of infinity cakes? Kind of like a wedding ring and you could make smaller ones but still have enough cake to feed a lot of people and it would make a great impact if it were laid out on a round table. Plus then it wouldn't look like a big "nerd"....lol, that's too funny, some people just don't have the ability to picture the end result in the right way. You may just need to tell her what it could possibly end up looking like if you make it the way she has described.

Sionann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sionann Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 6:04am
post #43 of 47

Just think of this ring flattened out on a table.
LL

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 7:50am
post #44 of 47

Thanks everyone for all of you fantastic suggestions. I'll approach her with all of these icon_smile.gif

feverfixer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feverfixer Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 5:20pm
post #45 of 47

OK, we are all dying to know what she chose!
How did your meeting go?
Diane

Hollyanna70 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 6:31pm
post #46 of 47

Ooh.. I had almost forgotten. I'm curious as well..

Need photos.. lots and lots of photos. icon_biggrin.gif

MissSherry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissSherry Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 1:02am
post #47 of 47

I am very interested to hear how this went also!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%