Dummy Wedding Cake With "cut-Out"......

Decorating By mjs4492 Updated 20 Jul 2007 , 11:19pm by peacockplace

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 1:38am
post #1 of 6

Hi,
I've been searching for the thread that was on here a few days ago about the dummy wedding cakes that were advertised on TV, etc.
One lady made a separate place in the bottom tier of the wedding cake for some real cake for the couple to cut/use for photos.

Has anyone tried this? I have a wedding in TN next month and this idea has been on the back of my mind since I read it. I also have been asked to do the groom's cake and I'll be making probably (2) 12 x 18 sheet cakes for guests if I make the dummy wedding cake. The only alternative for photo cake would be to make a 6" small cake also. I'm in AL so I'll probably try to find a place/room up there that has an oven. icon_lol.gif

5 replies
reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 6

Haven't done this myself but it's been on my mind too. I'm thinking, bake the cake and fill and stack it. Cut a slice out of the dummy. Place the dummy round on top of the real cake and cut straight down to make the wedge. place the wedge into the dummy for good measure and then frost and cover the whole thing. Now marking where to cut will be the hard part.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 10:15pm
post #3 of 6

I think someone on tv stuck twinkies in the dummy cake where the wedge was cut out...

igurbisz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
igurbisz Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 10:19pm
post #4 of 6

The site is cakerental.com and here is the link where they discussed it.
Hope this helps.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/renting-fake-cakes-article-ftopicp-3528813.html#3528813

judybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judybee Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 10:22pm
post #5 of 6

Or for even less hassle, the bride and groom can fake cut the cake for a photo (just pose with the knife as if they were cutting it) and if they really want to feed each other, have a cupcake sitting behind the cake.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 11:19pm
post #6 of 6

Thought I'd post this here too. thumbs_up.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did it for my SIL's wedding. It's the only way I could get everything done. Here's a link to a thread I started about it. http://www.cakecentral.com/cak.....1-sil.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%