Kitchenaid 6 Qt Mixer-Great Buy

Decorating By Janette Updated 21 Jul 2007 , 3:02am by vdrsolo

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 3:46am
post #1 of 66

There may have already been a thread regarding this.

I'm getting different stories. From what I understand Lowe's had a misprint on the Kitchenaid 6 qt mixer that sales for $349 they had it in their ad $150. They will still honor the price.

I called them today and they said I had to come in and special order it. I just went and I got the mixer for $150. It will be here in two weeks.

Another store told me I had to get a blue mixer. But, when I went to the Lowe's closest to me they let me pick the color.

Great Buy!

65 replies
vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 12:46pm
post #2 of 66

I haven't seen this ad, was it in the store so I can pick it up??

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 1:00pm
post #3 of 66

Wow, most stores won't honor a misprint - usually in the fine print of the ad it says something about, blah blah blah - mistakes happen.
Great deal for you!

MavericksMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MavericksMommy Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 1:05pm
post #4 of 66

I saw the ad at the store, it's for the Artisan 5qt, 325 watt mixer. It had a tag on it that said it was normally $299. My Lowes said they would honor the price and let me pick the color, but I decided to hold out and save up for the KA Pro 6 which is over 500 watts. I have a 300 watt KA now so the one on sale is a good deal, but not that much better than the one I have now. I wish I knew someone that was getting married soon and had one on their list- I'd pick it up for them at $150!

Deani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deani Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 1:12pm
post #5 of 66

Lowes in Australia is a menswear store. Wish they sold KA's, especially for that price.

mccorda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccorda Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:29pm
post #6 of 66

There are 9 pages of posts in the General forum - Artisan Kitchenaid for $150 at Lowe's
It's a great deal!

Janette Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:41pm
post #7 of 66

Mavercicks,

NO I don't care what they are telling you it is the 6qt 325 Artisan normally sells for $349 now $150

What I did is called a store and asked for the appliance dept. I told them I was looking at an ad for the Kitchenaid 6qt mixer that they are selling for $150. This guy didn't have a clue what I was talking about so he asked me to hold. Apprently he went to talk to someone else. He came back and told me it is a special order I had to come in the store and order it.

I thought well let me call another store and ask them. I asked for the appliance dept. Said the same thing to the guy he said just come into the store and place the order it takes about 2 wks. But, he added I had to take blue? I don't care what color it is for that price.

When DH got home we ran up to the first store. I was afraid that they would ask me for my ad so I was prepared. I went to the appliance dept and told the guy I called earlier today about the Kitchenaid 6qt 325 for $150 and was told to come into the store and place my order. No problem. He asked me what color I wanted. And they would call me when it comes in about 2 wks.

If you called the store and talked to the clerk up front they are not going to know. The are trying to keep it low-key. You have to ask for the Appliance Dept. Don't get some salesman that doesn't know what's going on. If you do, ask him to ask someone else. Don't give up.

This is a $199 savings.

It will work better if you call the store then when you go in you can say I called earlier and this is what I was told to do.

Another member was able to order it over the phone. I'm guessing she called the web-site number. I know it's not on their sale pages on line.

I live in MI and the members that told me about it lives on the West Coast so this is nation wide.

Don't give up, you won't have this chance for a deal like this again.

Janette Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:43pm
post #8 of 66

I thought there may be threads about this already. But I thought I want to be sure all you bakers had a chance to see it. So I thought it won't hurt to add another.

I put it in the Cake decorating forum because I thougt it was about cake decorating. But, it's good that it can be seen in more then one Thread.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:44pm
post #9 of 66
mccorda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccorda Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:52pm
post #10 of 66

Just wanted to point out where the other thread could be found - lots of useful information in both.
Happy shopping everyone!! (It's exciting to get such a deal - never thought I'd ever own one!)

Janette Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 3:26pm
post #11 of 66

I looked at the thread and found it confusing too many different replies.

I just talked to DH he's going on lunch to get me a second on.

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 3:43pm
post #12 of 66

Wow Janette, you got a 6qt! Fabulous. I got a 5 qt like the ad. I know someone on the last thread got the even bigger model. Go you!

Janette Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 3:44pm
post #13 of 66

I went back and looked on the other thread again and found this $30 rebate

http://www.lowespromos.com/PDFs/1598-1.pdf

Janette Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 3:47pm
post #14 of 66

Monica,

What happened? It was for the mixer that regularly sells for $349 the one you got is reguarly $299.

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 3:56pm
post #15 of 66

Hey everyone, is this nationwide? Because I have not seen an ad for Minnesota.

Totally-Frosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Totally-Frosted Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 4:00pm
post #16 of 66

Is this at any Lowe's store over the country? This would definitely be a great deal for me, especially with the rebate!

Veronica

CakesbyMonica Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 4:00pm
post #17 of 66

It was $349 if it was metallic finish. The regular colors were $299. I got all my information off the other thread. I got a 5 qt, 325 watt. If you got the 6, more power to you!! And you were worried...icon_smile.gif The ad says the 5 qt. Are the bowls interchangeable? Can I put a 6 qt bowl on a 5qt stand? Is the 6 a tilthead or a bowl lift?

CakesbyMonica Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 4:02pm
post #18 of 66

I wonder if you can use the rebate...I'm sure gonna try...

rsdd108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rsdd108 Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 4:02pm
post #19 of 66

I read on the original thread that the ad was for an Artisan, so that's what I ordered. The Artisans seem to all be 5qt from the Kitchenaid website.

Actually, they didn't seem to be so sure of what the model should be, so they just asked me for the model number and ordered it at $150!

Shaynamills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaynamills Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 4:07pm
post #20 of 66

rsdd108, what model number did you use? Thanks, I hope to get one.

CakesbyMonica Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 4:53pm
post #21 of 66

Go online to KA website and find the 325 Watt, 5 qt artisan. Choose your color, the model number for it is under the photo.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 5:03pm
post #22 of 66

I keep getting the same information, a 5 qt 325 10 speed tilt head with all the goodies, any color choice for $150, not a 600 pro series..... they are normally like $600 so maybe she got SUPER lucky... I have called all 6 lowe's in my AREA... but needless to say I am off to pick up a few, or order a few!

Janette Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 5:58pm
post #23 of 66

Ok, ok, Monica I know better then to question you. Give me 50 lashes.

It is a 5qt. Oh, and I told DH it was th 6qt. I just called him and told him so he doesn't try to get the wrong one.

He said, well that's not good. I told him you have got to be kidding. $150 and a $30 rebate?

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 10:10pm
post #24 of 66

Hey Yall, I just went into my local lowes and picked up a flyer...saw the mixer..went to look to see how many they had..had 4 left..im taking my new KA mixer back that i bought a couple weeks ago and going to get the KA for 150..i paid over 200 for the one i got now..

I called the lowes when i got home and talked to the girl down there and she didnt know which one it was cause it didnt have a model number..how do i convience them of which model number it is? she kept saying "special order" and i told her that was for certain colors that the store didnt carry...help!!!

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 10:10pm
post #25 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaynamills

rsdd108, what model number did you use? Thanks, I hope to get one.

For the Artisan series, model number is KSM150PSxx, and for the Custom Metallic series, model number is KSM152PSxx, where xx is the color code. You can get both series at Lowe's for $150.

Or take the Lowe's ad to BB&B where you can use their 20% off coupon and avail of the $30 mail in rebate, resulting in a Kitchenaid 5qt mixer for $90 (before taxes). They will price match the Artisan series as that's the one on the ad.

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 10:31pm
post #26 of 66

grrrrrrrrrr the store keeps saying when i call that it is special order only..i talked to the asst manager and he is checking on it for me...he said since it doesnt give a model number or anything like that that he cant give it to me through the store that i have to order it..help what do i do to get it through the store??

Janette Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 11:03pm
post #27 of 66

I thought I was going to have to get ugly

My DH called he is at Lowe's and they didn't know what he was talking about (yea, right). They needed an model number so I went to kitchenaid.com and got the number KSM150PS they typed it in their computer and it came up $150.

If you go to Lowe's and they give you a problem just give them the model number it's in their computer.

SugarBakerz Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 11:05pm
post #28 of 66

OK, here is my KA story for today... went to lowe's and bought 3, to metallic silver and 1 black onyx (opening bakery soon)... asked the guy about colors he looked at their online and said they only had like 5 colors so I settled with the onshelf selection. Then I called BB&B and they had 2 pinks, so I rushed out there and they priced matched them, bough those... so here I am riding around town with 5 mixers... then I thought to read Lowe's add and sure enough it says special order 30 different colors so I call the manager and he says yeah come back in and we can order in color for you out of the catalog we have through them... so back to lowe's I go 5 mixers in tow.... OMG have I lost my mind, YES I SAY...... Get there and order Surf Green and EVEN brushed nickel at $150 yes, you read it right, brushed nickle! I intend to return 3 of them, just can't decide which ones yes... gotta put them all out in front of me and decide... the pinkies will go in Sugarbakerz... 1 will be a gift... and the rest well, you know I will figure out that out.... so the moral to the story is..... don't ask the people up front and don't call... go straight to the appliance department... sit down and look at their small appliance catalog.. turn to the page with the 5 qt artisan on it... find your color (but look on KA.com 1st and get your model number, bc they list them on their computer by model number and not color, so it will save you time especially after hours) approach them sales person and tell them what you want to special order, they will punch it in their computer.... take your name and number... tell you go to the front and give the cashier your number who will then ring you up... easy as that, no flyer needed, VOILA! Good luck and please don't turn into a mixer hog like me!

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 11:13pm
post #29 of 66

i called and spoke w/the asst manager..i even gave him the model number and he said that since it wasnt in the flyer he couldnt give it to me out of the store...he kept saying i had to special order it...he said since stores have to pay for shipping and all that then i cant get it from the store...he said when he typed in the certain model number i gave him it still told him 200 whatever...what do i do now??

Janette, did you give them a certain color on your model number or just give them the number KSM150PS? i gave him the color w/the model number..wonder if that makes a difference

SugarBakerz Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 11:25pm
post #30 of 66

I am in ALABAMA and they are lying to you if they tell you they can't do it... DON'T call I tried that TOO.. just go in.... walk in the store and grab a flyer at the door.. open it up and the add will be on the back of the 1st page bottom left corner... go to the back of the store where the appliances are and and ask an appliance person to see there small KA appliance catalog.... take your color choice in from the KA website.... now keep in mind Lowe's can't get every color.... but they say they can get 30 in the add, it was more like 18... keep in mind, I also ordered a Custom Metalic series one in Nickle which retails @ $530 for $150 because I knew my number when I went in... so research your number and go on in with your KSM number.... or numbers... they can punch in the number and if it is in one they can order they will, it automaticlly comes up $150.00... it takes up to 14 days and is shipped to the store for you at no charge... if you want it sent to your house, you pay more. They place the special order for you, no limit requirements, and take your name and phone # and then tell you to check out up front. The clerk asks for your phone # and it is already in the system. Your rebate information comes out on your receipt.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%